Coffee Coffee Coffee

Pickels

Good Morning,

Would someone clue us in on what type of coffee, (syrup/brewed) is offered on the Regal Princess.

Where do you get coffee made with syrup, (yuck), and where do you get brewed coffee, (great).

thanks all, Happy Cruisin'

Can I buy one coffee card and have a latte and a brewed coffee for my hubby.
Yes, but if the coffee card is on your account, technically, you would have the brewed coffee (since it’s unlimited) and the latte would be charged against the “punches” on the card. The coffee “card” is no longer a paper card but is on your cruise card electronically.

And don't forget that when you buy the 15 cup coffee package any remaining cups not claimed are confiscated at the end of the cruise. :(

Is this on all Princess ships now - we are on the Caribbean Princess shortly and was going to purchase the coffee card - did'nt realise it is now put onto your cruise card. We normally have a few cups left and use them on a following cruise !

Is this on all Princess ships now - we are on the Caribbean Princess shortly and was going to purchase the coffee card - did'nt realise it is now put onto your cruise card. We normally have a few cups left and use them on a following cruise !

Princess is doing this for your convenience.

Isn't that nice of them. :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Where do you get coffee made with syrup, (yuck), and where do you get brewed coffee, (great).

Not all coffee made from syrup is "yuck". Some of the finest restaurants on land serve coffee made from syrup.

Like coffee beans, the syrup comes in a variety of quality levels. Rumor has it that Princess is not purchasing the highest available syrup quality.

Not true on the confiscation- besides, is someone going to search your cabin and seize it?

I purchased a Coffee Card in January on the Coral and have about 8 punches remaining.

On the back of the card, it states that I can use the punches for coffee drinks, hot chocolate, etc but it will not give you the free special tea or fresh brewed coffee.

They do not search your cabin and confiscate. They cut your coffee a/c off electronically. It is now on your cruise card. No need now for paper card. They may honour old paper cards. You should find out!

All physical cards are being honored for the remaining punches until August 31, 2019. After that they are worthless. Princess has this information on their web site.

All physical cards are being honored for the remaining punches until August 31, 2019. After that they are worthless. Princess has this information on their web site.

Unless they have an earlier date printed on them.

The T&Cs clearly state that fact:

• Coffee cards are valid until the expiration date printed on the card. If NO expiration date is printed on the card it is valid until August 31, 2019.

Not true on the confiscation- besides, is someone going to search your cabin and seize it?

I purchased a Coffee Card in January on the Coral and have about 8 punches remaining.

On the back of the card, it states that I can use the punches for coffee drinks, hot chocolate, etc but it will not give you the free special tea or fresh brewed coffee.

Your card is valid until either the expiration date or if none is on the card then it expires on 8/31/19.

With the new coffee program electronically attached to your cruise card unused specialty coffees are invalid on another cruise which was described as confiscated in that post.

• 2 weeks later...

I called to make sure I could still use my unused punches and cards. I was told they would be honored on my 28SEP18 cruise, except for free brewed coffee and tea which is good only for the voyage it was purchased for. The same thing is written on the back of the card.

Edited by drpack

Hi!

Does Sapphire use syrup or brewed? We have a coffee snob who would eat up the coffee card in no time :D

Only the Royal Class ships offer brewed coffee in venues other than IC. The rest of the fleet is using syrup except for IC.

I called to make sure I could still use my unused punches and cards. I was told they would be honored on my 28SEP18 cruise, except for free brewed coffee and tea which is good only for the voyage it was purchased for. The same thing is written on the back of the card.

You are right that you can only get the free brewed coffee on the voyage when purchased - but you can also use any unused punches on subsequent cruises for the brewed coffee as well as the specialty ones.

I have about four coffee cards left - and only one cruise to use them. I will use most of my punches for the regular coffee

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The punches are good until August 31st 2019.

On the Regal Princess, coffee at all locations is brewed. The difference is that at the international café, they use a superior blended bean and provide specialty coffees, that is the reason for the cost.

Famski, You forgot to mention the Coffee beans are hand picked by Juan Valdez...:hot-beverage: :):)

Sorry I couldn’t help myself.

Tony