Update, please--Day trip from Aqaba to Petra

joat

In searching for information about day trips from a cruise ship to Petra, the most recent was 2012. Anyone who has made this excursion, an update would be much appreciated.

We are beginning to look into Celebrity cruises from Rome to Abu Dhabi and/or Dubai for late 2019. Petra would be one of the highlights to include, if possible.

Any online links to private tour companies that have proven good for forum participants would be tremendous.

Thanks.

I did a complete review of our April, 2018 Abu Dhabi to Rome cruise on the Constellation, which included a lot of info and photos of our day trip to Petra from Aqaba. An amazing place to visit. You can see our review on our website that is linked to in my signature. I hope that it helps you with your planning.

Thanks for the great input from all. It was especially good to have the links I can pursue.

I rather like the idea that tourists are not allowed in the buildings. They are just empty spaces and too many tourists inside could lead even to unintentional damage to these world treasures. I know other places where just the build-up of breath and moisture from throngs of tourists has resulted in irreparable damage to some sites.

• 3 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, MVPinBoynton said:

I did a complete review of our April, 2018 Abu Dhabi to Rome cruise on the Constellation, which included a lot of info and photos of our day trip to Petra from Aqaba. An amazing place to visit. You can see our review on our website that is linked to in my signature. I hope that it helps you with your planning.

Thank you for another fantastic review!!!  Was very happy to see you had recently done the Dubai to Rome repositioning cruise and review... we are looking forward to ours in early 2020. 

Have read many of your reviews and we have learned so much... thank you!!!

Regards, Raul 

7 minutes ago, suncityga said:

Thank you for another fantastic review!!!  Was very happy to see you had recently done the Dubai to Rome repositioning cruise and review... we are looking forward to ours in early 2020. 

Have read many of your reviews and we have learned so much... thank you!!!

Regards, Raul 

So glad you enjoyed the review and I hope that it helped in your cruise planning.  It is an amazing cruise.