Regal Princess Unlimited Internet?

MTNestr

We board the Regal on Saturday for its 14-day transatlantic and have been told that it will be free unlimited for platinum and elite as a “make good” for the lack of Ocean Medallion. Not sure if that will change after the ship arrives in New York City on September 22nd.

On the Regal now, free for Elite at least. No one is onboard working on the Medallion system. There is a major glitch somewhere preventing further expansion of the system for now.

I guess the crack ***** staff on CB has solved the 'major glitch' since they are releasing floors of cabins now...:rolleyes:

I guess the crack ***** staff on CB has solved the 'major glitch' since they are releasing floors of cabins now...:rolleyes:

The decision was made many months ago to not continue working on Ocean Medallion on the Regal until it returns to the US after it's transatlantic in September.

So I have been told by many who have sailed. I’ll know for sure on 11/1 when I board.

Maureen.

I will be joining you on the 11/1 Regal and will also be on the 10/20 & 10/27 Regal for a b2b2b.

I did receive an email from Princess on 8/21 stating that we would be getting an ***** for the 10/20 Cruise. The letter stated that Princess would not send the ***** prior but we will pick it up during check-in.

I will be joining you on the 11/1 Regal and will also be on the 10/20 & 10/27 Regal for a b2b2b.

I did receive an email from Princess on 8/21 stating that we would be getting an ***** for the 10/20 Cruise. The letter stated that Princess would not send the ***** prior but we will pick it up during check-in.

Mine if I ask what cabin you are in? Are you in the current section of cabins that currently have *****? I think that was all decks, with cabin numbers somewhere between 220ish and 330ish.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Mine if I ask what cabin you are in? Are you in the current section of cabins that currently have *****? I think that was all decks, with cabin numbers somewhere between 220ish and 330ish.

Yes - we are in one of the listed cabins on Baja.

Lido 201-212, 214-235 and 301-302 for 36 staterooms

Marina 203, 206-212, 214-239, 241 and 243 for 36 staterooms

Baja 301-312 and 314-337 for 36 staterooms

Caribe 336-337 for 2 staterooms

Yes - we are in one of the listed cabins on Baja.

Lido 201-212, 214-235 and 301-302 for 36 staterooms

Marina 203, 206-212, 214-239, 241 and 243 for 36 staterooms

Baja 301-312 and 314-337 for 36 staterooms

Caribe 336-337 for 2 staterooms

Thanks. We are in L101 at the end of November. I’m hoping they have the system sorted out by then.

Hoping it’s still free in October & November?

I may pre-purchase the Unlimted Plan just to be sure I can get it at a reasonable price if it isn’t free.

Long Live FREE Internet!

I’ve decided not to waste my money to buy it now. I’m Elite so if it costs me, which I highly doubt, it will be a lot less than the old way of minutes and lousy or no connections.

Maureen

Hoping it’s still free in October & November?

I may pre-purchase the Unlimted Plan just to be sure I can get it at a reasonable price if it isn’t free.

Long Live FREE Internet!

If it is not free for elite/platinium, then you will get the regular amount of minutes. On one ship that has the enhanced Internet, someone posted that when you first sign on you are offered the option to pay for an unlimited package, supposedly at a discount. But no one has posted how that discounted rate compares to what non elite/platinum users pay either pre-cruise or on board.

However, if you purchase it pre-cruise, I do not think you can get your money back if it is free or less expensive when you are on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
If it is not free for elite/platinium, then you will get the regular amount of minutes. On one ship that has the enhanced Internet, someone posted that when you first sign on you are offered the option to pay for an unlimited package, supposedly at a discount. But no one has posted how that discounted rate compares to what non elite/platinum users pay either pre-cruise or on board.

However, if you purchase it pre-cruise, I do not think you can get your money back if it is free or less expensive when you are on the ship.

I have gotten refunds for items purchased precruise. the pre cruise purchase of unlimited internet on Regal is $68 right now for 10 days; I paid a lot more than that in minutes even with my free minutes due to having to do some work while on board. If I get onboard and it's free or discounted, I will just take my card to the desk and ask for a refund. $68 is almost free compared to past cruises!

I have gotten refunds for items purchased precruise. the pre cruise purchase of unlimited internet on Regal is $68 right now for 10 days; I paid a lot more than that in minutes even with my free minutes due to having to do some work while on board. If I get onboard and it's free or discounted, I will just take my card to the desk and ask for a refund. $68 is almost free compared to past cruises!

when did you pay for your internet? i booked a cruise a month ago and it has never shown any internet available for puchase. so i assumed it was free :)

i disembarked the regal yesterday and there was unlimited wifi for platinum and elite for one device at at time.

i wrote my blog on my ipad but my photos were on my android phone. i kept having to switch back and forth. after about three days i think i confused the system because it then worked on both simultaneously.

fyi anyone i saw with a medallion around their neck said it was barely working to open their doors.