Wedding Vow Renewal on Ship

larrybritt

Not renewal, but my son and daughter in law were married on the Emerald 8 years ago and it was an awesome time. Princess took care of the flowers, the music, the reception (food, cake, and open bar). They also had a DJ that played a listing that we provided. It was stress free for sure....well, except maybe for the actual bride and groom. LOL!!

We renewed our 30th on the Sun in Glacier Bay and our 50th on the Star at Amelia Glacier in the Chilean Fjords...both wonderful experiences and the staffs/captains made every effort to make a memorable experience. Planning on our 60th renewal in French Polynesia in 2020....

Go for it..

Note..in the Chilean Fjords the Platinum photographer covered the wedding and took a portfolio of pictures all over the ship...the result was outstanding and we bought the slideshow she produced.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

My parents did it in 2016. We actually picked the cruise so that we were at sea on their actual anniversary. My sister and I were there with our respective spouses.

They will normally tell you the date it is happening, normally on a formal night, but in our case having it on the actual date was VERY important. They did have to get the other couple to agree to the change of date though.

We brough some special recordings with us, so they arranged a room for us to play them for my parents.

The only bad thing was they took a video but we never saw it, and it was all or nothing for the photos they took.

The most important thing, is do not put it off, even if it seems expensive.

A month later my Dad was diagnosed with Mesothelioma, and passed the next Aug.

We just got off the Caribbean Princess yesterday, and did the wedding renewal. It was very nice I would recommend it, they made it very special. Here is 2 links that reflect a video of the ceremony and the second is a slide show. Both are on you tube under George and Becky Caribbean Princess.

My husband and I did the renewal of vows for our 50th anniversary on the Golden Princess back in May. It was a wonderful experience. The flowers were beautiful, the Captain and staff were dressed up, and there was a videographer and photographer there. We had arranged for a table in the dining room for a special lunch and shared our champagne with our friends. We have two beautiful glasses to commemorate the event. Princess really knows how to do it well.

The photographs had 3 different packages, $199, $299 and $399 depending on what you want, this would include all pictures, or pictures and slideshow, etc. The video was $699 alone, a bit pricey but the time they spent with you and putting it together was worth it.

My parents just renewed in July on the Grand for their 50th. I bought them the package (something like $229) and wasn't sure what to expect and it was AMAZING!!! It was a full on ceremony with beautiful flowers for my mom and boutonniere for my dad! The captain performed the ceremony and the photographer was so great! It was so much better than I ever could have imagined for them!!!