So why the rush to get off at the end of the cruise?

paulfoel

yeh OK so the boats sitting in the harbour and going nowhere but whats the rush?

I assume you get breakfast on that day but everything else is closed? Why not take you're time and chill?

I guess at some point they will make you leave but I really don't want to rush around and/or queue to leave.....

It varies slightly between cruiselines but it is usual to be required to vacate the cabin at around 8am and for the ship to be cleared as early as possible, so that the crew can get things ready for the crowd who are eager to embark. The dining room is usually open for a couple of hours but closes earlier than usual. Lounges are full of people waiting to leave.

On my last cruise, we were the penultimate group to leave and it was still only 9.15. I estimate that the ship would have been cleared by 9.45.

I've only ever "rushed" to get off once because I had a flight to catch and didn't want the consequences for failing to arrive at the airport on time. Most people do fly onwards unless you live in the contry of the disembarkation port. If it's an early flight, you need to get off quick, if it's not or there are no critical timings involved, I guess you hang around a bit.

That said, even not "rushing", you need to vacate your room early and get off the ship promptly in the morning.

Are you suggesting you get to stay on and leave when you choose to?

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk

Yeh I understand people have planes to catch etc. With us we're just going back to our rented accomodation in orlando for the last few days of our holidays.

Appreciate they need to turn the boat around and of course don't want to hang around too long but I'd rather not rush/queue to get off and have a leisurely breakfast.....

Most ships schedule breakfast early on disembarkation day. You will find that even in the Lido buffet, the closer it gets to 8 AM, they stop replacing the items. The dining room hours are early and close early. Some of the staff are assigned other duties -- like working the wheel chairs to help get people off the ship.

No new passengers can get on the ship until all the people are off he zero. The must get down to zero count.

So be considerate of the new passengers waiting to get on the ship.

Everyone's reason will be different. We are retired, so usually no rush. But we understand others have tighter schedules. Not everyone's life allows them, at that particular moment, the luxury of taking one's time. We were there once.

Its a ship.

Any and all service and attention you've gotten used to all week is conspicuously missing on the last morning. They want you gone. You'll need to be out of the cabin around 8am...breakfast is earlier than normal...and it's obvious your cruise is over.

I prefer to NOT spend time sitting around public areas. We usually have an early flight, so we ask for early departure tags (not self-carry, tho)..

Yeh I understand people have planes to catch etc. With us we're just going back to our rented accomodation in orlando for the last few days of our holidays.

Appreciate they need to turn the boat around and of course don't want to hang around too long but I'd rather not rush/queue to get off and have a leisurely breakfast.....

breakfast will be anything but leisurely. no matter where you choose to dine. for one it only runs about 90 minutes to 2 hours, and it starts much earlier than normal. they want you vacated from the cabin NLT 0830 and off the ship ASAP after that. you'd be much better off disembarking per your number and just finding a nice brunch spot en route to your other rental. try the sausage gravy. you might find you enjoy it, despite the appearance.

You do not have to “rush” - it is more a matter of your being rushed off. On many lines, you have to be out of your cabin fairly early, breakfast service ends early. This does not mean that you have to “rush/queue to get off” — it does simply mean that you have to get off at some point: most likely no later than 9:00 to 10:00 AM.

When you have finished breakfast (when they say you must be finished) you can find some place to sit and wait until you are ordered off.

As others have said, you are expected to be out of your cabin around 8:00 a.m. Actual morning procedures may vary by cruiseline, but basically you have to be off the ship so that it can be readied for the next set of passengers.

Breakfast locations often open and close early. Large numbers of people want to be off the ship and have flights to catch.

You didn't indicate if you plan to walk off with your bags, or put them out for the cruiseline to handle and pick up in the terminal.

You are normally given a time/number/color code when you should disembark and when your bags will be available in the terminal. Lines are usually for customs and immigration and can really vary.

Unless we have to get off early for some reason--the only thing I can think of is an early flight, or possibly a tour--we like to stay on board until they make the 'last ashore' call--usually around 9 or so. We exit the came at the the latest time allowed, eat breakfast and relax in a lounge or on deck.

Finding luggage and getting through lines is much easier then too.

My family rushes because the nearest port for us is New Orleans and it's a 6 hour drive and we usually have to be back at work the next day. I like to get completely unpacked when I get home and get the laundry done so the earlier I can get off the better for me.

We usually had a post cruise stay in debark city and liked to get to our hotel to get settled there.

When the cruise is over, it is over.

Many people have early flights and are in a hurry to get to the airport.

Any and all service and attention you've gotten used to all week is conspicuously missing on the last morning. They want you gone. You'll need to be out of the cabin around 8am...breakfast is earlier than normal...and it's obvious your cruise is over.

I prefer to NOT spend time sitting around public areas. We usually have an early flight, so we ask for early departure tags (not self-carry, tho)..

This!^^. We are a 20 minute drive from the cruise port, we line up early for self disembarkment. The vibe is much different on the last morning, you are no longer welcome.

This!^^. We are a 20 minute drive from the cruise port, we line up early for self disembarkment. The vibe is much different on the last morning, you are no longer welcome.

That is not true on HAL. We stay in oujr ca b in until our color,number or debark is c alled. They permit that.

HAL also continues to serve full room service breakfast on last morning.

For me, the cruise is over. I'm packed up, and ready to either head home, or head on to the next phase of my vacation.

If heading home, I have a plane to catch. If heading on to the next phase of my vacation, I have a new area to explore. There's no reason to hang around on a rapidly emptying ship.

If you would rather hang on the ship for a few hours enjoying breakfast, coffee...are you one of those who has to get on ship at 10am or whenever as long as its early? I'd rather get out and go home. I love cruising and I enjoy every ship I've been on but personally I dont see the point of staying on. I've seen people sunning themselves at 930am on my last cruise which was a b2b and one where we were in the Caribbean all week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We don't rush to get off the ship but when the cruise is over we're ready to leave the ship. For us we see no reason to hang around on the ship. Even the B2B cruisers can't start their process on TAD until the ship has been cleared.

That can vary by debark port. (my underline)

We don't rush to get off the ship but when the cruise is over we're ready to leave the ship. For us we see no reason to hang around on the ship. [u Even the B2B cruisers can't start their process on TAD until the ship has been cleared. [/size]

No one leaves a ship until local authorities have cleared it. That usually does not take all that long