Have things change on the Aranui 3 Freighter Cruise Tahiti to the Marquesas Islands

French Polynesia Freighter Cruise - Tahiti to the Marquesas Islands on the Aranui

I was on the Aranui 3 in June 2010 and I had a great trip but have seen several comments that lead me to believe the service has dropped off. Has anyone been on the ship recently? (Summer 2014)

Here are links to the stories I wrote about my experiences during the cruise. Lots of photos and information.

Part One French Polynesian Adventure - Freighter Cruise from Tahiti to the Marquesas Islands

Part Two French Polynesian Adventure - Freighter Cruise from Tahiti to the Marquesas Islands

Part Three French Polynesian Adventure - Freighter Cruise from Tahiti to the Marquesas Islands

I am thinking about doing the trip again once the Aranui 5 launches next year so any recent info will be appreciated.

I hope not...I'm sailing on the November 22nd cruise. There were several extremely bad reviews posted on this site recently. They appeared to be the work of a troll or someone disappointed with his cruise and out for some sort of revenge. I've been reviewing information on the Aranui for several years leading up to my booking the cruise and most of the negative comments seem to relate to expectations there were out of sync with the available information on the ship.

Don

• 1 month later...

I got the impression that the person had expected a typical cruise experience and he confirmed that he had been told so. On the other hand, the Aranui 3 probably shows her age. I traveled on her when she was relatively new.

Edited by Floridiana