Seattle luggage storage for the day near Amtrak?

Straitlover

We may be coming in on the morning train form Vancouver. We will be staying at an airport hotel for an early flight the next morning. I really don;t want to waste 2+hrs getting to hotel and riding rail back to downtown before starting sightseeing. Anyone have recommendations where we could store luggage for the day right off the train so we can sightsee and pick up early evening to head to our airport hotel?

I know they ahve luggage storage at the Amtrak station, but I don't know how late it is open. Website doesn't say that I recall. Any hotels close by where we could pay a storage fee?

Good to know. Now to find out how much they charge per bag. Thanks!

A few years ago it was either $2 or $3 per bag. We left stuff there while we explored after getting off the ship and before our evening train.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know. Now to find out how much they charge per bag. Thanks!

I used Amtrak in Seattle on July 17th and did see a sign where one checks in. I think the charge is $10/bag.

A call to Amtrak reservations may definitely help answer your question or post a question on Amtrak's web site.

After thinking about it, we will stick w/ the airport hotel and pay the $60 if I can't find anything cheaper for storage. I booked a room at the Staypinepple Maxwell Hotel, but it ended up costing $325 after resort fee and taxes. I booked near the airport for $161 (hoping price will go down before June). Even paying the $60 will save quite a bit, plus we won't have to get up as early the next morning to make our flight.

$10 per bag??? That would be $60 for the three of us. I'd rather put that towards a downtown hotel. I'll have to call and ask.

Have you considered a rental car for your bags? That way you would also save on transportation to the airport hotel and could use it to get around Seattle. Of course, parking costs should be considered.

There are a number of places in downtown Seattle to rent a car from that can be returned to airport. Budget is near the Space shuttle and Hertz is at the Marriott Courtyard nearby (by the lake).

Have you considered a rental car for your bags? That way you would also save on transportation to the airport hotel and could use it to get around Seattle. Of course, parking costs should be considered.

There are a number of places in downtown Seattle to rent a car from that can be returned to airport. Budget is near the Space shuttle and Hertz is at the Marriott Courtyard nearby (by the lake).

I looked into that today. It is an option.

I also found out that you can take luggage on the light rail, so we could pay the luggage storage and save $$ by taking the light rail. The Fairfield is two blocks from the last station (supposed to be a good lighted path), plus they have a shuttle that will pick you up if you can't/don't want to walk to the hotel. I just need to figure out what's a good time to take it where we wouldn't have to worry about there not being room for the luggage since it first come first served. We should only have one wheeled bag and a tote bag each (we can hold those in our lap).

$10 per bag??? That would be $60 for the three of us. I'd rather put that towards a downtown hotel. I'll have to call and ask.

Here is what the Amtrak site says about storage.

Temporary Bag Storage

• Customers holding tickets for travel may store their items in Parcel Check service when available for $5.00 per item per 24 hours.
  • At New York Penn Station, Washington Union Station, Chicago Union Station, Philadelphia 30th Street Station and Seattle King Street Station, the fee is $10.00 per item per 24 hours.

Boxes for Checked Baggage Items

(url is https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241267371727)

Tom

Here is what the Amtrak site says about storage.

Temporary Bag Storage

• Customers holding tickets for travel may store their items in Parcel Check service when available for $5.00 per item per 24 hours.
  • At New York Penn Station, Washington Union Station, Chicago Union Station, Philadelphia 30th Street Station and Seattle King Street Station, the fee is $10.00 per item per 24 hours.

Boxes for Checked Baggage Items

(url is https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241267371727)

Tom

Thanks for that link. So it is $10 per bag. Maybe we can squish our totes into our wheeled bags, LOL. Or at least take enough out of the tote so we can carry them around rather than checking. Mine may be a backpack anyway so pretty easy to carry around.

Thanks for that link. So it is $10 per bag. Maybe we can squish our totes into our wheeled bags, LOL. Or at least take enough out of the tote so we can carry them around rather than checking. Mine may be a backpack anyway so pretty easy to carry around.

I'm not sure that it's $10. If you've got checked bags I read it as $5. But I may be wrong as it appears to be a bit confusing. I can provide info for one other location which is a hotel right across from Pier 66 if you'd like. I'm not at the computer where I have that info right now, so let me know if you want that info.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers

We would be storing at Seattle King Street station after we get off the train, which is $10 if I read the paragraph correctly. We won't be going near the Seattle piers other than sightseeing (Pike Place Market, etc). Thanks for the offer to look up the other info, though.