Beach bags

justmeindustland

Last year in Sept they gave us the string bags.

However on the Tere Moana last month they gave us a really strong large zippered tote similar to what Regent provides. It could be because it was Europe.

I prefer taking my beach bags from home as we are usually three and the towels are hefty.

There might be some confusion as to the bag. On the PG when you sign out your snorkel gear it comes in a rather large mesh bag. Obviously great for the wet stuff. In the cabin is a blue bag that closes with a string that is basically almost like a backpack but the shoulder "straps" are the string, really not comfortable. The bag itself we find is fine for use around the ship and around the town. The mesh bag has to be returned. You get to keep the blue bag.

Yes, it is the blue bag I was asking about. I found them handy for going to the pool and tooling around town instead of using the heavier back packs. Since we bring our own snorling equipment, we bring a mesh bag for them. One reason I was asking because of the zippered one I got on the Tere Moana. I didn't know if it was fleet wide or just on the Tere Moana. We have 6 days after the cruise and I wanted to be sure I had something to take my sunscreen, book, etc. to the beach.

I have begun getting my list together for our Oct. Trip. Last time on the PG we got those great string bags. They really came in handy. Are they still providing them or have they changed what they provide?

Ia Orana justmeindustland,

We are looking forward to welcoming you aboard in October.

We provide a blue beach bag with white strings on the m/s Paul Gauguin and a blue, zippered tote bag on the m/v Tere Moana. You will receive the bag in your stateroom or suite.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

• 2 years later...
Packing for our trip and wondered if they still are providing these?

Ia Orana trk_koa,

On the m/s Paul Gauguin we provide a blue beach bag with white draw strings.

We look forward to welcoming you soon!

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

I agree with Wendy. They don't really work well as a beach bag. They're on the small side, and not waterproof. I used it on land excursions, where I carry the things I would normally put in a fanny pack, and a bottle or 2 of water. I used it for all of our excursions in the Marquesas.

• 1 year later...