Nude Areas on Ships?

sullaRaffaello

we know this is an plain adult cruise and not a swingers party. just wondering if any free style couples are on board and if so how dothey meet or ask another couple without offending anyone

Which cruise?

How do you meet? Look for the playful couples and see where it goes. If there is any playful flirting you have a chance that they might be swingers. If there isn't any playful flirting, start some and see if they respond.

It's only topless and most adults use it to be away from kids in the ship and sunbathe normally -- at least it was in the Getaway.

We're on the NCL Gem in December. Family cruise and our itinerary changed so the day at Orient Beach in St Martin has been scrapped. We need a mid-winter nudist fix! I am pretty-sure most of the Freestyle Decks have been "Disneyfied" as they say. Does anyone have any updates on policies on ANY ship? Specifically the Gem?

Thanks!

~Bob

We're on the NCL Gem in December. Family cruise and our itinerary changed so the day at Orient Beach in St Martin has been scrapped. We need a mid-winter nudist fix! I am pretty-sure most of the Freestyle Decks have been "Disneyfied" as they say. Does anyone have any updates on policies on ANY ship? Specifically the Gem?

Thanks!

~Bob

As of March 2017 the freestyle deck on the Epic was still clothing optional. They don't advertise it or promote it, no signage like Carnival used to use, but we had no issue with being nude on it.

• 2 months later...
In April 2017 the epic had signs up saying that clothing must be worn on the freestyle deck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's their problem. If they don't want to see it, they shouldn't be a Peeping Tom.

Kind of defeats the term freestyle deck. Really wish the prudes would stop harassing people.

That's why we've moved more and more to just going on nude cruises. The freestyle deck is any deck numbered between 1 and 14. The prudes wouldn't even know where to book one.

• Like 1

That's their problem. If they don't want to see it, they shouldn't be a Peeping Tom.

That's why we've moved more and more to just going on nude cruises. The freestyle deck is any deck numbered between 1 and 14. The prudes wouldn't even know where to book one.

We were on a cruise and were sitting on our balcony working on our all over tan. The woman in the adjoining cabin leaned around the divider and said, "Hello neigh.....oops, sorry." Saw her a few days later. She came over to apologize. Asked her for what.

As to nude cruises. They're just too expensive; we're retirees living on a fixed income. We'll stick to our local clothing optional beach - Blind Creek Beach on South Hutchinson Island Florida and a balcony on a cruise.

• Like 2

We were on a cruise and were sitting on our balcony working on our all over tan. The woman in the adjoining cabin leaned around the divider and said, "Hello neigh.....oops, sorry." Saw her a few days later. She came over to apologize. Asked her for what.

As to nude cruises. They're just too expensive; we're retirees living on a fixed income. We'll stick to our local clothing optional beach - Blind Creek Beach on South Hutchinson Island Florida and a balcony on a cruise.

Sounds like you had a reasonable neighbor. You can’t always count on a reasonable neighbor. A true prude would make it their business to get ship’s security involved.

Hear you on the expense, and it’s getting worse. We were going to skip next year’s cruise and go to Club Orient. Irma killed that idea. Hopefully it will be an option again in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you had a reasonable neighbor. You can’t always count on a reasonable neighbor. A true prude would make it their business to get ship’s security involved.

Hear you on the expense, and it’s getting worse. We were going to skip next year’s cruise and go to Club Orient. Irma killed that idea. Hopefully it will be an option again in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had the same plan changed to the 2019 BNB for the same reason. If Club O isn't back up and running by 2020 we may do Hedo instead.

Friend actually let us know about a total takeover booking that runs them not too much more expensive than regular sailing for lifestyle groups. Didn't like the YOLO and other groups initially because they were more than double the cost of a regular cruise.

We had the same plan changed to the 2019 BNB for the same reason. If Club O isn't back up and running by 2020 we may do Hedo instead.

As for resorts there are many options. We did Couples Sans Souci in Jamaica. We also did a nudist B & B in St Martin. Each have their own vibe. Depends on what are looking for. Never done Hedo yet, but it's on our bucket list.

There are places on Costa Rica, Curacao, Mexico, St Martin.

If anyone wants details feel free to e mai l me bduds at verizon dot net

~Bob~

• Like 1

Maybe it was because it was the Easter cruise with lots of kids and they needed the space

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/29/2018 at 12:46 PM, jonbiz1212 said:

Possibly Virgin Voyages? Cannot confirm, only speculating!

Their ships are 18+ so a topless deck might be a possibility, but they have not made any statements that would make me think that’s in their plans.

• 5 months later...
On 1/25/2018 at 10:05 PM, Duddy said:

As for resorts there are many options. We did Couples Sans Souci in Jamaica. We also did a nudist B & B in St Martin. Each have their own vibe. Depends on what are looking for. Never done Hedo yet, but it's on our bucket list.

There are places on Costa Rica, Curacao, Mexico, St Martin.

If anyone wants details feel free to e mai l me bduds at verizon dot net

~Bob~

Bob 

wife and I got married at San souci 

wife was near nude with a see thru dress

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 10:14 PM, JohnnyCruiser said:

Their ships are 18+ so a topless deck might be a possibility, but they have not made any statements that would make me think that’s in their plans.

While in the realm of possibility, British lines tend to be in the milder side of things (compared to American or continental European counter parts). That having been said, Mr. Branson is a well known character and no stranger to debauchery, so wouldn't be surprised if VV offered a clothes-optional area of the ship.

• 1 month later...
On 11/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, coldflame said:

While in the realm of possibility, British lines tend to be in the milder side of things (compared to American or continental European counter parts). That having been said, Mr. Branson is a well known character and no stranger to debauchery, so wouldn't be surprised if VV offered a clothes-optional area of the ship.

If the did offer a C/O area that might be enough to give them a try, although if they go with upscale pricing then they won’t be any cheaper than the nude cruises. Otherwise, we finally made diamond on RCCL, so we will probably stay with them.

Aida ships have a deck for nude sunbathing. It has nothing to do with swingers or 'debauchery'. I haven't been on any of their ships; just know  about it from our favorite cameraman ship tester. Aida has many fans in the German speaking market, might not be everyone's cup of tea. Mid price cruises. 

2 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Aida ships have a deck for nude sunbathing. It has nothing to do with swingers or 'debauchery'. I haven't been on any of their ships; just know  about it from our favorite cameraman ship tester. Aida has many fans in the German speaking market, might not be everyone's cup of tea. Mid price cruises. 

I thought I had mentioned Aida earlier, but it was on a similar forum topic. The only problem is that you really need to know German to go on Aida and interact with anyone and we don't.

• 6 months later...

We were on MSC Magnifica in 2019 and the Thermal Suite was C/O from the time it opened until 9.00 in the morning - there were rarely any other users beside us - actually there were sometimes naked users at other times though we kept to the rules!

We were on the MSC Meraviglia from Oct 18, 2019 out of NYC for a back to back getting off in Miami 25 days later. We had the Yacht Club for half the cruise. The second have we had a balcony for $36 a day. The Yacht Club was the Best we ever had.

Only thing we could not find any c/o section. I'm sure we could have used the Yacht Club pool late. No one was around. It was nice not having to pay for anything at any bar.

This was our 27th cruise, 16 textile, 11 c/o

Sailor208imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cbimageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

DSCN4269.JPG

Edited by Sailor208

• 10 months later...

We'll be sailing on the Norwegian Pearl in January 2022 and have booked a Deluxe Owner's Suite in Haven on deck 10.  Looking at some images and videos of similar rooms on sister ships, it appears that our private balcony is overlooked by the bridge (i.e. the glass wall of the bridge ends where our stateroom ends and balcony begins, so our entire balcony is visible from the bridge.  Anyone have an idea what rules might apply to our ability to be nude on sea days (not while in port)? Or are we stuck with swimsuits even while enjoying our own balcony?

Are there any CO areas anywhere on the Pearl, even if not officially CO but where it's tolerated and crew leave you alone?

2 hours ago, pke-atlanta said:

We'll be sailing on the Norwegian Pearl in January 2022 and have booked a Deluxe Owner's Suite in Haven on deck 10.  Looking at some images and videos of similar rooms on sister ships, it appears that our private balcony is overlooked by the bridge (i.e. the glass wall of the bridge ends where our stateroom ends and balcony begins, so our entire balcony is visible from the bridge.  Anyone have an idea what rules might apply to our ability to be nude on sea days (not while in port)? Or are we stuck with swimsuits even while enjoying our own balcony?

Are there any CO areas anywhere on the Pearl, even if not officially CO but where it's tolerated and crew leave you alone?

In the privacy of your balcony, it's fair game regardless of cruise line. We've done it in Royal, Disney and Norwegian. Just make super sure there aren't any nosey neighbor kids and you're good.