Pullmantur Horizon

tiger-91

What happened on Zenith? That is the one I have booked.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

We had a Royal Suite and it was quite run down. The upholstery was tired and the AC did not work until it was fixed. There was a surprising lack of closet space. Our door lock assembly had to be replaced as we could not get into the cabin at one point.

The balcony was regularly flooded as the water from washing the deck above accumulated until staff came and vacuumed it up.

The toilet often would not flush and we were told the system was old and too many cabins were connected to the system we were on. Also we were told to put toilet paper in the waste basket to avoid blocking the toilet.

The food on the ship was not as good as on other Pullmantur cruises we have been on and the wait staff in the dining room were not as good as on other cruises.

That having been said we are planning another cruise on the Pullmantur Horizon in the fall. We have not been on the Horizon since our first cruise when it was called the Pacific Dream, and we understand that it has been refurbished more recently than the Zenith. There are many good things about cruising with Pullmantur, even on the Zenith, such as the Waves Yacht Club and its excellent staff and the private deck area you can use if you have a suite. Others on the cruise we were on had a great time.

I realized today that I hadn't uploaded the videos I took on the cruise. (I went to look if I could find any martini glasses...no luck Langman!)

They're mostly of the entertainment and cruise staff. I used a camera phone, so don't expect greatness.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jlWn98TtLBxKNf8n1

Glad you had a good time Glittergal. AnOnymously hope yours is great too!

watching some of your films I notice you had activities/entertainment around the pool ? was this everyday?

Im asking because on our cruise we had no activities or entertainment around the pool area it was very relaxing and quiet,

watching some of your films I notice you had activities/entertainment around the pool ? was this everyday?

Im asking because on our cruise we had no activities or entertainment around the pool area it was very relaxing and quiet,

Yes. I recall stuff happening most days. If people didn't want to play the game or learn the dance, they stopped yelling about it. haha. Loved the DJ sets in the evening before dinner when weather was OK.

I checked the dailies. The videos of pool deck entertainment was for the two White Party evenings. (Remember i sailed B2B)

• 8 months later...

I am planning to go with my mum for the first time haven't booked yet but she not looking forward to it she like classical music is there any onboard if not she won't go.We go on many cruises but with fred olsen,cruise and maritime.What entrainment is like and the food will write again if someone can answer my question.

We are back from our cruise on the Horizon from Athens to Malaga.  It was a very good cruise.  The staff were great and the food very good too. Entertainment in the lounges was good but we did not take in any entertainment in the theatre as we were normally too tired later in the day after visiting the ports.

We had a grand suite but no balcony, but as we were Waves Club Black we had access to a separate deck are a where there was lots of space and help yourself beer, wine and bubbly all day long.

Our grand suite was dated but spacious especially the huge bathroom with double sinks and a bath tub and separate shower.

We had a small fridge and a Juan Valdez express maker too.

The food was better than we have had on several previous Pullmantur cruises, but there were a couple of "fails".  The Caesar salad "our way" was basically a romaine salad with chicken strips.  The gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce tasted as if the gorgonzola did not make it to the ship. The wines were limited but as we had a todo as part of our suite we had good Cava as well as nice Rioja and a very nice Albarino.

Waves Club members had a separate area in the dining room for breakfast and lunch and there was an a la carte menu as well as access to the buffet.  Ordering a la carte sometimes meant food was not hot enough.

There were often several Spanish cheeses available and tortilla pie for breakfast so I was happy.

The other small disappointment was the paellas were not very good which was a surprise.

We will definitely consider the Horizon again, but never the Zenith again.

IMG_0385.JPG

• Thanks 1

You mention you did not go to any shows but was there music in the lounges like easy listin and classical music my mum like to sit down on her own.While I do want I want,what kind of drink there were and was there many english people how did you manage speaking spanish.Is there a host that look after the english people.Please try to answer any of my question.

Spanish speaking people tend to be more animated than anglos so you won't find too many places that are laid back except for the library which is actually quite nice.  As for drinks , you will find most popular mixed drinks are available but wines and beer are limited in terms of brands.  You will find a drinks menu elsewhere on this site and unless you pay to upgrade your drinks selection most drinks are included in your ticket price and the selection is not bad.

On our cruise there may have been a dozen English only passengers but almost everyone working on the ship speaks English and all signs and menus are in Spanish and English.  My wife and I speak no Spanish and have never had a problem on a Pullmantur cruise.   I do not think there is a specific host for English people, nor for the Germans and French on the cruise but I do recall there being an international host/hostess at one time..

On 11/18/2018 at 1:51 PM, CaptainRadek said:

I am planning to go with my mum for the first time haven't booked yet but she not looking forward to it she like classical music is there any onboard if not she won't go.We go on many cruises but with fred olsen,cruise and maritime.What entrainment is like and the food will write again if someone can answer my question.

I only recall operatic shows in the theatre. In the lounges was all party/dance music.

• 2 months later...

Any ideas which outside cabin categories on the Horizon might have a couch or sofa in them?  It is very hard to tell from the photos and seems to vary a bit.  There seem to be normal outside cabins, then some "superior" ones.  An old review in Cruise Travel (5/92) said all 677 cabins except two large and 18 smaller suites were the same size.  

Here is a photo of the dining/sitting area in our Grand Suite on the Horizon.  The other photo is of the seating in the Royal/Penthouse suite we we had on the Zenith.  I doubt you will see sofas in other cabins on these ships.

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_4535.JPG

Regarding church services, I checked the dailies and saw no mention at all, so I doubt they are offered.

Here are some other Horizon Grand Suite photos.

BTW aussie cruzer, were you on the cruise from Athens to Malaga late last year and were you once with Quantas?

And yes you get the upgraded drinks package and access to the private deck area too where there is help yourself bubbly, wine and beer.. 

IMG_0112.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

Thanks Plato & Bill for the photos and info.

Those cabins look great,first time on Pullmantur for us.

Plato,unfortunately I wasn't on the Malaga cruise,there is another Aussiecruzer with similar handle

I'll take some photos when I get on board to add to this thread,five weeks to go.

7 hours ago, bill21 said:

Above photos are of our Horizon Suite 1104 from our cruise Sep 18. We also availed of the Waves Black benefits which includes the TOTAL drinks package.

We will be in this suite in the fall.  The layout is similar to that on the Zenith but appears to have been refreshed somewhat, as the Zenith Penthouse Suite was worn and tired.

Were you able to use the balcony?  I ask because ours on the Zenith was always flooded from washing the deck above, and I hope the vacuum system for the toilets works well as it did not on the Zenith.  Even our door lock had to be changed as it was not working properly.

3 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

We will be in this suite in the fall.  The layout is similar to that on the Zenith but appears to have been refreshed somewhat, as the Zenith Penthouse Suite was worn and tired.

Were you able to use the balcony?  I ask because ours on the Zenith was always flooded from washing the deck above, and I hope the vacuum system for the toilets works well as it did not on the Zenith.  Even our door lock had to be changed as it was not working properly.

We had no issues whatsoever with our suite. We spent a lot of time on our balcony especially in the late afternoon and had no problems of any sort. Getting used to the lighting system in our cabin was the hardest thing to sort out, as they have switched and dimmers everywhere. There are also 3 TVs in the cabin including one in the mirror of the bathroom.