Port Galveston closed due to fog

proggieus

Oh, also. If we get stuck on the ship prior to d-bark, can we stay in our rooms? We're traveling with a few little ones. Waiting in a public place for 6 hours would be my personal hell (said like the best mother ever).
Our room attendant was cool and let us stay in our rooms. At about noon they really wanted people in public areas.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh, also. If we get stuck on the ship prior to d-bark, can we stay in our rooms? We're traveling with a few little ones. Waiting in a public place for 6 hours would be my personal hell (said like the best mother ever).

When we were on the Liberty in Feb and had a six hour delay in debark due to port closure, the cruise director requested everyone to just chill out in their room. They even ran a recent release movie to entice people to stay in their rooms. Dining room was open for breakfast. Windjammer was open for lunch since we didn't get the all clear until around 1PM.

I recommend you check the cruise cam in Galveston. Google it. you can see if your ship has come in prior to leaving the house. also the first word usually comes from passengers on the delayed ship who post to CruiseCritic.

Thanks, so Carnival and Royal use the same pier? I bookmarked it and of course will check the Cruise Critic boards too. Every other time I’ve had a delay, I’ve received the notification from the cruise line long after I’ve left for port :rolleyes::rolleyes:

when viewed from the cruise cam Carnival is seen first. If it's not in port, the RCCL ship can be seen behind it. if Carnival is in port, you can't see the RCCL ship unfortunately.

Bummer, but I suppose if it’s fog, neither would make it onto port.

Just a quick note. After contacting American Airlines on Twitter concerning the ticket change fee we were charged, we were responded to quickly. American was very sympathetic to our situation and refunded our change fee promptly. Thank you American Airlines!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am looking at possibly cruising out of Galveston late fall of 2020 or early 2021. I've seen lots of posts about fog and was wondering is there a certain time of the year where there is no fog issues. My wife has to really watch her time that she uses to take off work and getting stuck because of fog would be a hassle.

I am looking at possibly cruising out of Galveston late fall of 2020 or early 2021. I've seen lots of posts about fog and was wondering is there a certain time of the year where there is no fog issues. My wife has to really watch her time that she uses to take off work and getting stuck because of fog would be a hassle.

January and February tend to be the worst. I work in the fuel industry and our schedulers that handle ship channel traffic for my company jokingly call it “fog season”!

January, February and March are the months when there is the possibility of fog. Completely unpredictable; warm weather coming in over colder water.

In past years, the fog days were 17 in 2017 and 16 in 2016.