Carnival Vista - Debarkment I Galveston

jilro

what time does the ship usually get into Galveston? I made a big mistake and my flight leaves out of Hobby at 10:05am and it is non-refundable. I am not cruising till November. What do you suggest?

We disembarked in Galveston last month & werenā€™t even off the ship by that time. On a perfect debarkation morning using self disembark you could be out of the terminal by 8:30am, but you still have to travel to the airport. With all the moving parts: sea conditions, pilot boat, ship being cleared by port authority & then speed of customs line, I think a 10am flight is nearly impossible to make. Iā€™d try calling the airline & pleading your case to book a later flight. We arrived one hour early to the port (7am vs 8am) and port authority didnā€™t clear the ship to begin disembark until after 8:30am. Itā€™s out of your control.

Thank you, I already tried to change the flight time and was told that the ticket I have is unrefundable and can not be changed. Looks like $200 down the drain. Double whammy is that by having to take a later flight, I will not be able to get home till midnight šŸ˜¢