Nikon D5300 and The Fjords

Off to The Norwegian Fjords at end of July.Have a Nikon D5300 with the standard 18-55 lens that came with the camera.Have recently purchased a Tamron SP70-300 lens .Would i need to take both lenses with me or would the Tamron suffice? Any other tips and advice to help me get the best from my week would be much appreciated.Thanks

Taking two lenses on a trip is what most would call "travelling light". :)

Take both. Finding that you didn't use one is miles better than finding a situation where you need the one you didn't take.

Dave

You cruising? Just take both. Not like you're hiking around with both all the time (and yeah, a lot of people would consider just 2 lenses going light). Easy to leave one in your cabin so you only need to take the attached lens when you feel like it. Some closeups in the fjords could be cool.

Taking two lenses on a trip is what most would call "travelling light". :)

Take both. Finding that you didn't use one is miles better than finding a situation where you need the one you didn't take.

Dave

Agreed. Take both or experience the "Damnitt" moment.....you know "Damn!! I could have gotten that shot if only I had brought my _____ lens".......Forewarned is forearmed.

That was my take in another post - used to be that carrying around a Nikon F2AS with a Motor, 30 cans of film, 8 lenses, a tripod, monopod, and a light meter was considered "the norm". Now? I cuss when I have to carry a DSLR and a couple of lenses... :)