New Cannon Cameras

There is a real question about these cameras as Canon and Nikon are re-evaluating their systems in light of the disappearing market.

Many expected the 7diii this year but there is a very real possibility it will be sidelined as Canon concentrates on mirrorless this year.

You may also see a merger of the 90d and 7diii as it is getting harder to sustain enough market for so many different camera models.

According to interviews at the CP+ show, Canon is redirecting resources towards mirrorless. But...

Canon manager Sakata did not say much about the possibility of Canon releasing a high-end mirrorless camera. - “We will look at the timing and consider it”

More M cameras? Maybe a few new lenses?

Also talk of mirrorless in DSLR-thickness bodies that use legacy lens mount and flange distance.

Dave

According to interviews at the CP+ show, Canon is redirecting resources towards mirrorless. But...

Canon manager Sakata did not say much about the possibility of Canon releasing a high-end mirrorless camera. - “We will look at the timing and consider it”

More M cameras? Maybe a few new lenses?

Also talk of mirrorless in DSLR-thickness bodies that use legacy lens mount and flange distance.

Dave

Looking forward to what they do with a full frame mirror less, but unless it is compatible with current lenses it may cause me to look elsewhere after about 50 years as a Canon shooter.

There is a real question about these cameras as Canon and Nikon are re-evaluating their systems in light of the disappearing market.

Many expected the 7diii this year but there is a very real possibility it will be sidelined as Canon concentrates on mirrorless this year.

You may also see a merger of the 90d and 7diii as it is getting harder to sustain enough market for so many different camera models.

Are EF-S lenses compatible with mirrorless cameras?

Bob

But with Cannon you do get more bang for your buck.

I recently got the new G1X mark III and am very pleased with it. I love my big Nikon DSLR with clunky zoom but got tired of lugging it around on vacations. The little G1X III is like having a mini-DSLR in your (coat) pocket. Very freeing.

1760427513_caronsnowyroad.thumb.jpg.13c581f50264346d626473c30e1416be.jpg

Canon Rumors is your place to get the most consolidated scoop. In a nutshell, 7D3 not expected in 2018, 90D anticipated in 2018. That said, I caution you to seek a particular unannounced camera model, as you don't know until announcement what features it'll have, nor do you know how noisy/not the sensor will be. In my opinion, the 7D and 7D2 have been relatively noisy cameras, and the 7D2's autofocus was surprisingly weak given that it was often described as a baby 1Dx.

http://www.canonrumors.com/were-not-convinced-an-eos-7d-mark-iii-is-coming-in-2018/

http://www.canonrumors.com/the-canon-eos-90d-is-coming-later-in-2018-cr2/

But with Cannon you do get more bang for your buck.

I recently got the new G1X mark III and am very pleased with it. I love my big Nikon DSLR with clunky zoom but got tired of lugging it around on vacations. The little G1X III is like having a mini-DSLR in your (coat) pocket. Very freeing.

[ATTACH]416127[/ATTACH]

LOve my G1x too, a great walk around.

As of now — they are compatible via adapter. They will retain full functionality.

Rumors that the full frame mirrorless with retain native EF Mount.

I love the way that the mock-up of a Canon FF mirrorless in some recent stories is a Leica Q.

Canon is getting their act together in mirrorless. I have an M6 and the 55-200mm EF-M lens it wears almost permanently is amazing value. Small lens, small price, great reach. Fairly slow with ƒ6.3 at the long end, but I can live with that. IQ is a match for my Olympus Pro 40-150mm, at least during the day.

I'd expect any FF mirrorless they deliver to take the EF and EF-S lenses natively, because any serious Canon shooters will have a suite of lenses that would cost a bomb to replace. I've tried mounting EF lenses to my M cameras with an adaptor. It works, but doesn't look good, and the balance sucks.

Sticking EF-M lenses on a full frame mirrorless will probably look equally goofy.

But, and it's a big but, just how relevant is a chunky full-frame camera and a bunch of chunky lenses to the average cruiser?