Nassau with one year old...

Tropicbreeze23

Full disclosure, I haven't been in n Nassau yet but in my research there's a zoo/botanical garden or might be worth spending the entrance fee for the aquarium at Atlantis. Those are things I'd do with mine if she was still that small.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

a Taxi tour around the island. It's about 3 to 4 hrs. and is very nice A/C van. It run about $35pp. If you FaceBook https://www.facebook.com/perry.mcphee.9 He has taken us 4 times now around the island. Message him and you can set something up before you get to Nassau. He can do privet tours( just your family) if you want to pay $300. This is what my family dose. Also may want to do a Pub Crawl. This could be fun with your Grandmas and 1 year old :) Hope this helps. Happy Sailing!!!!

I’d stay on the ship and take the kid to the water park. Nassau is the pits.

What an awful and ridiculous thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Nassau is a city with 250,000 residents and spans the economic gamut from poor to extraordinarily wealthy. Yes, if you hang out by the port, like most of the ports almost anywhere, it's a bit dumpy. You can say the same for just about any city on the planet. All have good and bad areas.

Nassau is our favorite port. We always get out and actually do stuff. Countless excursions to beautiful places. I also fly to Nassau semi-regularly for little getaways.

With a 1 year old, if you want to do a beach day, then Blue Lagoon is probably the best for that age. Ardastra Gardens is a cool little zoo, it's $18/pp for entry but it's a bit low key.

You can also book an island tour - I personally recommend a private tour with Cheryl Bahamas Taxi and Tours. Grab lunch at the Fish Fry, see the zoo, etc. etc.

• 3 weeks later...