Iced Tea on the Insignia?

Scrap Addict

My wife and I are iced tea drinkers for breakfast, as neither of us drink coffee.

Here's what we do on Oceania. We get the orange pekoe tea, 2 pots of hot water, 4 glasses of ice. 1 bag in each pot. Then ask for more ice every 10 minutes or so. The waiters always think we're a little crazy, until they figure out what we're doing. After the first couple of days they just start bringing it to us.

No reason to drink that swill from the machine.

At later meals we drink water.

Many years ago, on The Queen of Bermuda (a very British ship), I called room service for a glass of iced tea.

It took 45 min.

I later realized that they had brewed a proper pot of tea. Let it cool, and then iced it.

((I))

Thanks for the info! I end up making my own Iced Tea on the other cruise lines, but was hoping.... Sigh.

I'm not a coffee drinker either. It's funny, on a cruise last summer out of Southampton (Royal Carib), there were only 100 or so folks from the US and 3900 for GBR. They were aghast at my putting ice in my tea!! :)

I guess I'm fussier about my coffee than my tea, although I refuse to use tea bags. I brew tea PROPERLY. (Well, as far as I can tell. I keep finding conflicting information about techniques but I always warm the pot first.)

However, the ice tea I get on the board the ships has never bothered me at all ... whereas with coffee, I want the proper beans to begin with! And STRONG.

Mura