What is Dockyard-St. George (Orange Route Ferry) April 2018 schedule?

SBenjoy

We are traveling to Bermuda on April 19 and would like to take the Orange Route ferry to St. George. This route doesn't run in the winter and the Bermuda port site only says that it will start again "in April."

Does anyone know when the service will resume in April? Will the schedule be the same as last years.

Thanks.

In 2017, the summer schedule was started on 4/24, I would expect the 2018 summer schedule to start on 4/23. Since there have been no announced changes to the ferry schedule, I would assume the 2018 schedule to be the same as 2017.

Will you be on the NCL Escape or Dawn?

SBtS

We are traveling to Bermuda on April 19 and would like to take the Orange Route ferry to St. George. This route doesn't run in the winter and the Bermuda port site only says that it will start again "in April."

Does anyone know when the service will resume in April? Will the schedule be the same as last years.

Thanks.

In past few years the Orange Ferry was not running that week. Unless they do something different this year the Summer Schedule and Orange Route will begin April 23.

In 2017, the summer schedule was started on 4/24, I would expect the 2018 summer schedule to start on 4/23. Since there have been no announced changes to the ferry schedule, I would assume the 2018 schedule to be the same as 2017.

Will you be on the NCL Escape or Dawn?

SBtS

They are on Royal Princess.

Thanks for the information. Do you have any suggestions how to get from the Dockyards to/from St. George other than by taxi--which is very expensive?

Take the Blue Route ferry to Hamilton, walk a couple of blocks to the bus terminal and then take a #1,3,10, or 11 bus to St. George.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the information. Do you have any suggestions how to get from the Dockyards to/from St. George other than by taxi--which is very expensive?

Njhorseman gave you the details.

It’s very interesting. We’ve done it many times. If you enjoy public transportation at home you won’t mind it at all. We no longer do it though.

The inconvenient part is if you get off along the route. Like a tourist spot or beach.

Sometimes we’ve sped past people (cruise passengers trying to get back to the ship) because the busses are SRO. It’s a long ride.

I would be careful about taking a bus ride to the other end of the island on the day the ship leaves. Unless it’s very early.

Even then I’d imagine all kinds of horrors. I tend to get hysterical at the notion of missing the ship. I’ve seen the runners.

One time we were on a ship sponsored bus tour and a bridge was stuck open. We were in traffic for hours. The bus drove up a grassy medium past all the cars and took us to an ice cream parlor that had rest rooms also. We stormed the place.

Let us in!!

That’s when we were docked in St. George’s. Some of our bus passengers couldn’t hack it and started walking back. I think they were starving.

We passed them when the traffic started moving. They were close to the ship.

One time we were on a ship sponsored bus tour and a bridge was stuck open. We were in traffic for hours. The bus drove up a grassy medium past all the cars and took us to an ice cream parlor that had rest rooms also. We stormed the place.

Let us in!!

That’s when we were docked in St. George’s. Some of our bus passengers couldn’t hack it and started walking back. I think they were starving.

Last I read both swing bridges over to St. George's are in bad shape so are kept in the closed position, no openings, pending planned replacement of both bridges. Still in planning stage.

The OP is only there for a day, 8 to 5. If the ferry was running then I would consider going to St. George's. From the Dockyard I wouldn't do the bus as it could burn up a lot of time. Ferry to Hamilton, then walk bus terminal, bus to St. George's and the reverse. A taxi maybe if I was highly motivated that I had to do St. George's that day. And if that I would probably do it as a Taxi tour.