April cruise

doones2

This will be the first time we have cruised to Bermuda in April out of Boston. We usually cruise there in October. For anyone that has, could you tell me what the sailing was like going to Bermuda and what type of clothes should we pack for our stay in Bermuda. I know it will be cooler in April but how much cooler than the fall

• 2 weeks later...
This will be the first time we have cruised to Bermuda in April out of Boston. We usually cruise there in October. For anyone that has, could you tell me what the sailing was like going to Bermuda and what type of clothes should we pack for our stay in Bermuda. I know it will be cooler in April but how much cooler than the fall

I’m interested too. Going May 4th this year. But next year we’re leaving April 12. Out of Boston.

You never know. Sometimes we froze out at sea in May. Make sure you bring a cozy jacket that you can wear comfortably inside also.

Went there a few years ago in April.

The days we were there it was on the cooler side. But when you go it could be sunny.

It was important for us to layer our clothing because of some changes in weather when we were there. Also a rain coat would be good idea just in case.

Keith

And when in April can make a difference (eg., early versus late April).

Remember though weather is unpredictable.

You might be there when temps are about average or on a day when they are way above or low average.

If you are there a few days a good chance there will be changes those days and morning likely cooler then afternoon.

It's still fun to go and at least you will have far less tourists and it will not be so hot and humid as in the summer months.

Keith

Go to weather.bm. Click on Climate. Monthly climate report, retrieve report for .... pick a month and year. Depending on your date in Apr. On average ... Beginning of the month is upper 60's day, low to mid 60's night. Middle of the month is lower 70's day, mid to upper 60's night. End of the month is mid 70's day, upper 60's to low 70's night. So, most of the month it's 70-74 day, 65-68 night.

I'm going on 4/8 on Pride from Baltimore.

I've been to Bermuda many times over the years...land/sea but never April. Bermuda4U says the water temp. average in April is 66 degrees..:loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

That's a little too cold for me but the air temps are around low to mid 70s....nice outdoor weather for me!:D