Securing items while snorkeling

stasys

My wife and I will be visiting Bermuda soon and are planning full days including snorkeling and other activities, where we expect to bring a change of clothes, cash, camera, etc. All things we do not want walking away while we are snorkeling. Reading other posts here the consensus seems to be lockers are not available on the beaches in Bermuda, or at least few and far between. What do other people do to keep their valuables safe while snorkeling? We would really like to snorkel together, and not have to leave behind the digital camera. Cash and keycards I can keep on me while snorkeling. Anyone have experience locking their backpack to a tree, etc? Or maybe lockers are a newer thing, the posts I read were a few years old?

My wife and I will be visiting Bermuda soon and are planning full days including snorkeling and other activities, where we expect to bring a change of clothes, cash, camera, etc. All things we do not want walking away while we are snorkeling. Reading other posts here the consensus seems to be lockers are not available on the beaches in Bermuda, or at least few and far between. What do other people do to keep their valuables safe while snorkeling? We would really like to snorkel together, and not have to leave behind the digital camera. Cash and keycards I can keep on me while snorkeling. Anyone have experience locking their backpack to a tree, etc? Or maybe lockers are a newer thing, the posts I read were a few years old?

I am bad. I have been taking my chances leaving my valuables on Bermuda beaches for 20 years or so. Even when going to the beach solo. That said I understand you might not want to. It does make me nervous doing so although way less so than Caribbean beaches. There won't be any trees to secure stuff to at Bermuda beaches. However while I never used them, Tobacco Bay, a snorkeling beach with facilities, does have lockers.......

• 5 weeks later...