Parking in Mobile, Alabama

Stephandboys

We are headed to our first cruise in less than two weeks now....(Yes, we are counting down!! :))

We are only about a 4.5 hour drive to Mobile, so we are naturally going to drive. In all the advise we are receiving from cruise savvy friends and from everyone here, I'm hearing both sides as to whether to go down the night before or the day of the cruise.

We have already reserved our boarding time for 1:00.

We are trying to decide whether to go down the night before "just in case" or just leave at 0-dark-early to get there "in enough time"..........

PHEW....to many decisions! :o

We looked on the Carnival Mobile website and saw there is a covered parking lot for about $18 a day.

If we did do the parking lot at the dock, is it hard to get in? Will there be plenty of spots, or will we arrive and panic with no spot?

The hotels are going to cost around $200 (with junk fees and tax) to stay the night before just to park with them.....looks like the parking lot is cheaper....

So, what say you Cruise Critic experienced cruisers??!!!!

Everyone's advise on all my concerns have all been so good and I appreciate everyone's experiences! Thank you!

You can pay online ahead of time to speed up the process, but if you arrive too late, you may have to park in the overflow lot at the Civic Center a few blocks away. They do have a shuttle that takes you to the terminal, but it's a surface lot and is not covered. It does have security, though.

http://www.shipmobile.com/parking/

Another option is the parking garage on the corner of Church St. and Joachim St., a few blocks away. It's $10/day. You'll have to walk the few blocks to the terminal, though. It's about a 10 minute walk. You can drop your bags at the terminal and then have someone park and walk back to meet up at the terminal.

Edited by Thorncroft

We parked at the cruise terminal. No problems at all finding a spot . The boat most likely doesn't leave till 4 pm. You should have plenty of time regardless. You can pay on line or there is a kiosk you can pay at . Just way more convenient to park there so once you get back you get in the car and go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We parked at the cruise terminal. No problems at all finding a spot . The boat most likely doesn't leave till 4 pm. You should have plenty of time regardless. You can pay on line or there is a kiosk you can pay at . Just way more convenient to park there so once you get back you get in the car and go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was there a line to get into the parking garage?

Thanks, Bobbi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
We are headed to our first cruise in less than two weeks now....(Yes, we are counting down!! :))

We are only about a 4.5 hour drive to Mobile, so we are naturally going to drive. In all the advise we are receiving from cruise savvy friends and from everyone here, I'm hearing both sides as to whether to go down the night before or the day of the cruise.

We have already reserved our boarding time for 1:00.

We are trying to decide whether to go down the night before "just in case" or just leave at 0-dark-early to get there "in enough time"..........

PHEW....to many decisions! :o

We looked on the Carnival Mobile website and saw there is a covered parking lot for about $18 a day.

If we did do the parking lot at the dock, is it hard to get in? Will there be plenty of spots, or will we arrive and panic with no spot?

The hotels are going to cost around $200 (with junk fees and tax) to stay the night before just to park with them.....looks like the parking lot is cheaper....

So, what say you Cruise Critic experienced cruisers??!!!!

Everyone's advise on all my concerns have all been so good and I appreciate everyone's experiences! Thank you!

I’m curious as to what you decided to do for parking on your cruise? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...