Wireless earphones for TV

Go-Bucks!

Has anyone ever used wireless earphones/headphones with the cabin TV's? I want to be able to hear the volume in the earphones without the TV emitting sound.

I'd like to get some if they'd work with our cabin TV. Not sure which are best to buy or how to hook up, though. Any advice?

I doubt they have the technology for this.

I think they still have the old style connectors(pre lightning) on the Ipod systems in the upper suites. Of course you have to wonder how many people actually use them.

Has anyone ever used wireless earphones/headphones with the cabin TV's? I want to be able to hear the volume in the earphones without the TV emitting sound.

I'd like to get some if they'd work with our cabin TV. Not sure which are best to buy or how to hook up, though. Any advice?

The TV would have to have Bluetooth. Pretty unlikely the cabin TVs would Bluetooth. Even if they did you would have to figure out how to get into settings on the TV to pair the headphones. Probably above your ability....

you could probably take your own

I had some that the charging stand plugged into the TV they worked fine at home

I think it was just a connector plug that went into headphone jack plus the wall outlet

The TV would have to have Bluetooth. Pretty unlikely the cabin TVs would Bluetooth. Even if they did you would have to figure out how to get into settings on the TV to pair the headphones. Probably above your ability....

The ones I saw were not Bluetooth and said the pairing was automatic.

you could probably take your own

I had some that the charging stand plugged into the TV they worked fine at home

I think it was just a connector plug that went into headphone jack plus the wall outlet

That's what my question is all about.....taking my own....and using them on the ship. But I wasn't sure if they'd necessarily work on O's TV's.

Has anyone taken your own earphones on a cruise? Did they work?

Not true. There are several iPhone apps that stream audio of numerous broadcast networks. Perhaps the best is Tunity.

At home I use blue tooth headphones to spare my spouse when I watch late night TV. When traveling, I use the Tunity app. Point it at the TV picture and, if it is a suppprted channel (e.g.,CNN, BBC, MSNBC, ESPN, et al.), it identifies the broadcaster. Then you can listen to the broadcast via your iPhone headphones. Note that you will have to adjust an app control to sync the audio perfectly AND it does not work with DVDs or unsupported networks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true. There are several iPhone apps that stream audio of numerous broadcast networks. Perhaps the best is Tunity.

At home I use blue tooth headphones to spare my spouse when I watch late night TV. When traveling, I use the Tunity app. Point it at the TV picture and, if it is a suppprted channel (e.g.,CNN, BBC, MSNBC, ESPN, et al.), it identifies the broadcaster. Then you can listen to the broadcast via your iPhone headphones. Note that you will have to adjust an app control to sync the audio perfectly AND it does not work with DVDs or unsupported networks.

The OP asked about using wireless headphones with their cabin TV. They didn’t ask about streaming live feeds to an iPhone and listening to the audio that way. If you do that there are a number of other things you would have to consider on a ship. Like WiFi connectivity with enough bandwidth for live streaming.

Thanks for this information. I have just downloaded Tunity because of your recommendation. It looks like a very handy app.

Ivi

The ones I saw were not Bluetooth and said the pairing was automatic.

Besides Bluetooth the other methods of connecting would be infrared or RF. So I would guess what you saw was infrared or RF. You would have to have infrared earphones and an infrared base station or an RF headset and base station that you connected to a headphone jack on the TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

... so the answer to the question of if there is any bluetooth connectivity to the TV or sound in O cabins ?

2 years ago - No

I am sure if it happened we would hear about it and I would hope it is a work in progress.

Edited by jakes47

Thanks for the information on the Tunity app. I downloaded the app and it works great, I will be able to use it in all my travels, not just on Oceania.

Thanks for the information on the Tunity app. I downloaded the app and it works great, I will be able to use it in all my travels, not just on Oceania.

If your phone is connected to the internet, it is a live streamed feed, there is enough bandwidth to support streaming, and streaming is not blocked......

If your phone is connected to the internet, it is a live streamed feed, there is enough bandwidth to support streaming, and streaming is not blocked......

This is true. The two caveats are: ship restrictions on streaming (though it is only the audio) and supported network broadcasts (Tunity won't stream the audio from Oceania's "onboard" movie channels).

• 1 month later...

We used our wireless headphones on our last cruise. That was on the Holland America Amsterdam. All that is required for ours is that the TV have a headphone jack or audio-out jacks. (The transmitter for the wireless headsets plugs in to that jack.)

We have only been on a few cruises, and in most cases the TVs did not have headphone jacks, so we were unable to use our wireless headsets.

Hope that helps.

That's what my question is all about.....taking my own....and using them on the ship. But I wasn't sure if they'd necessarily work on O's TV's.

Has anyone taken your own earphones on a cruise? Did they work?

I would love to take mine on a cruise. One part is plugged in and one part is either in the dvr or tv. They work great until the ear part dies as mine have and I get them replace

• 8 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 7:52 PM, travelberlin said:

Thanks for this information. I have just downloaded Tunity because of your recommendation. It looks like a very handy app.

Ivi

Thank you all!

I was just googling this for upcoming O cruise!   So helpful!   ☀️ Mary Bock