how long does it take from PAT to clapping ? (Barcelona_

CanuckonaBoat

In Barcelona - how long does it take from the time you arrive for your PAT until you get on board?

I have a 11 am PAT- let's assume I get a boarding group # in the middle range for that PAT generally how long does it take from arriving at the port to boarding?!

Thanks...

It can vary greatly, especially in Barcelona. We've cruised from Barcelona several times and found boarding to be everything from totally smooth and quick to a terminal full of people checked in and ready to board but no boarding happening. Given that they had rows of chairs set up in the terminal, it seemed that this was an anticipated delay. On that cruise, boarding didn't start till about 12:30.

My suggestion--arrive at your PAT, and you'll likely be on board within an hour IF things are running smoothly. But always be prepared for delays.

Also, they checked that you had the booklet that DCL sends with the luggage tags in it. People who ignored this instruction (we were notified ahead that it would be required) were diverted to a different line--more time for them--before being allowed to enter the terminal.