River Cruise with Teens - cabins on different floors?

sharse

Checking back in, just a week more before we leave.

*Thank you Kenster for the good wishes, we are hoping for the best! Rummytiles, Uno, Family Feud and other games are ready to be packed for our evening entertainment.

*Notamermaid: Easter egg hunt and baskets are happening on Palm Sunday at home, filled with Travel Sized treats. :)

I know this trip isn't necessarily going to be "fun & exciting" for the kids, but we have done many trips that were. I am wanting them to see the history and beauty and culture in this part of Europe. My husband has family that are even meeting us in Rudesheim for dinner that we haven't seen since our last trip to Germany 20 years ago! I will report back how it goes when we return...

I disagree about asking underage kids to be reporting to a group of strangers on line. If mom wants to include a paragraph or comment from them fine but otherwise it does not feel like a good idea. Even here on CC there are some strange people- I have met a few.

As far as cabins- this switching of cabins is very common. We used to book one inside and one balcony. Give the boys the rules and the outcome if they break them. The boats are pretty small- hard to get into too much. I might have a wee chat with the room staff and let them know where your cabin is in the off chance they needed you. And much of the time you are off on shore.

And yes I’m sure that the mega cabins would be nice but....the cost would be outrageous.

Have a great trip! My kids have been all over the world, starting around age 7. Not every location is necessarily someplace our kids would have picked, but my kids managed to enjoy themselves no matter where we traveled over the ensuing following 12 years. Teenagers are more than capable of deciding they're going to enjoy themselves, no matter where they are. The older ones should have had some world history by now, which will be fun for them to see and hear about what they learned in class. The younger has built in buddies to hang with.

My 16yo dd told me tonight "there's a class trip to NYC, but I don't think I want to go. I mean, I've seen places like the Coliseum, and either way, we probably won't learn things like we do on our family trips." Nothing against NYC, but I'm glad to see my teen has enjoyed our tours and guides thru Europe and Asia.