QM2 Single cabin and upgrade request...

bunkrest

Good morning.

Advice please,I have managed to get myself one of the elusive single cabins on the QM2 my question is if I request an upgrade could they upgrade me to a double occupancy obstructed view/balcony would that be classed as an upgrade.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good morning.

Advice please,I have managed to get myself one of the elusive single cabins on the QM2 my question is if I request an upgrade could they upgrade me to a double occupancy obstructed view/balcony would that be classed as an upgrade.

Thank you.

Yes, I believe it would. Any cabin that would cost more than you paid for the single would be considered an upgrade even an inside cabin. I've booked single cabins a few times and I always say no upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Daisy

Yes, Cunard would consider any balcony, even an obstructed view one, an upgrade over an oceanview. If you snag a solo stateroom and don't want an "upgrade" then call Cunard or your TA and ask them to mark your reservation "do not upgrade".

Hi,

The single cabins on the Queen Mary 2 are excellent. I have been upgraded to both types of single cabins (a Deck 2 cabin in September 2016 and a Deck 3 cabin in March 2017) and greatly enjoyed the cabins. They are spacious and have large windows (especially the Deck 3 cabins). Also, they are beautifully decorated and have wonderful locations. During one of my cruises, I showed my Deck 2 cabin to my tablemates. They commented that the cabin seemed like a Queens Grill stateroom. I would be inclined to say no upgrade.

Chuck

Thank you everyone my cabin is on deck 3 with the double windows I’m going to take all of your advice and make sure I stay put...as you say Chuck I’ve seen the YouTube vids of these cabins and I must say they look lovely...:-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums