summer 2019 British Isles or Iceland cruises?

rocklinmom

I would love to take the getaway to Norway Iceland but won’t it be a little big for those ports? I took the getaway to the Baltic’s and apparently smaller ships can get closer in some ports. I didn’t have any trouble. The entertainment was fantastic and so was the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the itinerary I am interested in (14 day Norway, Iceland, Scotland) but weird that it is on GA instead and also that it's out of Copenhagen. It goes until June 7, 2019 but nothing listed after that. With school schedule we have to do mid-June to mid-July and I am still hoping for the Spirit...although since it is almost April now that isn't looking too promising.

Not to mention that we just did the Baltics on GA via Copenhagen so I don't want to do that again.

That's the itinerary I am interested in (14 day Norway, Iceland, Scotland) but weird that it is on GA instead and also that it's out of Copenhagen. It goes until June 7, 2019 but nothing listed after that. With school schedule we have to do mid-June to mid-July and I am still hoping for the Spirit...although since it is almost April now that isn't looking too promising.

Not to mention that we just did the Baltics on GA via Copenhagen so I don't want to do that again.

I need late June or early July, was hoping for the Getaway.

Is it normal for NCL to only do one sailing with a specific itinerary? Or is there hope that more will be released?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the NCL website for June and July 2019 it shows the GA doing the Baltic cruise. Apparently they are doing the one Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise first. So we still don't know if another ship (supposedly Spirit) will continue with the British Isles itinerary next June and July or not.

It is great to see this cruise become available. My only problem with this itinerary is that the airfares to Copenhagen appear to be more expensive than other northern european ports. Can anyone recommend a lower cost alternative to getting to Copenhagen?

Be sure to check SAS airlines. They offer great deals to Copenhagen from the west coast so possibly from your area as well. Also Norwegian Airlines.

It's Norwegian AIR (not Airlines) - it offers inexpensive flights to CPH from various places in USA including the West Coast.

It is great to see this cruise become available. My only problem with this itinerary is that the airfares to Copenhagen appear to be more expensive than other northern european ports. Can anyone recommend a lower cost alternative to getting to Copenhagen?

I booked this cruise and checked airfare for different airports I can reach relatively easy. I found airfare to Copenhagen from Cincinnati for $430 RT on Wow Air, which is a budget airline and you have to pay for extras, but still not a bad price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For entertainment, I went to the cruise next office on the Spirit this morning to ask what they knew about next years itineraries.

The response was as expected. They were surprised to hear that no itineraries were available for the Spirit next Summer, didn’t know about the Getaway Iceland itinerary and thought the Jade was sailing out of Southampton next year.

We had a brief training session, and I think they are up to speed now. [emoji4]

For entertainment, I went to the cruise next office on the Spirit this morning to ask what they knew about next years itineraries.

The response was as expected. They were surprised to hear that no itineraries were available for the Spirit next Summer, didn’t know about the Getaway Iceland itinerary and thought the Jade was sailing out of Southampton next year.

We had a brief training session, and I think they are up to speed now. [emoji4]

That is too funny. O

To be fair, the person I was talking to was just back from a holiday, and admitted at the start that he was a bit rusty on the changes announced lately.

I was never expecting him to know about the Spirit next Summer, as it seems that nobody (outside maybe a couple of people in Miami) know that.

I think I'm just going to go with some alternatives now anyway.

To be fair, the person I was talking to was just back from a holiday, and admitted at the start that he was a bit rusty on the changes announced lately.

I was never expecting him to know about the Spirit next Summer, as it seems that nobody (outside maybe a couple of people in Miami) know that.

I think I'm just going to go with some alternatives now anyway.

I was trying to hold off as well to see what was going on with the Spirit, but hopped on that Getaway itinerary because of the studios since I'm a solo traveler. Really looking forward to this trip. It's an awesome one on a newish ship.

I think we are going to make the leap to Princess, we have to start booking time and ensuring we are both covered at work.

I am thinking the same if NCL does not post itineraries for British Isles next week.

I was trying to hold off as well to see what was going on with the Spirit, but hopped on that Getaway itinerary because of the studios since I'm a solo traveler. Really looking forward to this trip. It's an awesome one on a newish ship.

Thank you for posting this about the studios! I have been trying to find a cruise to Iceland/Scotland that did not break the bank for a solo. This itinerary has enough of the ports I wanted so I booked today!!!

One more airline to look into is ICELANDAIR.

thank you all for the recommendations of SAS, Norwegian Air and icelandair. They definitely offer more reasonabley priced fares than Delta, AA, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked at that one too! It does look great. It's also available in June but that one doesn't include Edinburgh.

I have booked Princess for British Isles next June but am still wondering if or when NCL will offer this itinerary next summer. It would be nice if they announced their plans for those of us who need to book a year out.

OK here we go - It seems that my thoughts are correct - I am sorry to be obtuse but l do not think the Spirit will be doing the announced cruises for 2019 its that simple. Look I hope I am wrong as we want the BCN repo.