First time on "Fun Ships"

SailorJeff66

Hi all,

By way of intro, my name as yo might guess, is Jeff and I'm retired U.S.N.

Just booked April '19 on Conquest 8 day. Super stoked! I've been on RCI Empress and have a 5 day on Brilliance coming in December.

Been curious about Carnival, so took the plunge and we'll see how it goes. I can tell you for certain that Carnival has at least the upper hand on the website side of things right now, as the merger of the RCI and "X" website ha been a joke! Lots of unhappy RCI customers right now.

Anyway, good to be aboard, I look forward to any tips you may have to share with me. And possibly meeting some of y'all on Conquest in a little over a year !"

Jeff, did you join the “Roll Call” for your sailing? Neat way to pre-meet some of your sailing mates!

Yes, I sure did. There are actually a few folks signed up already so as it gets closer, I'm sure that will get going. Also for meet and mingle, but understand those events don't always happen.

Search the forum for reviews of your ship. Lots of pictures have been posted to give a heads up on what's available.

Trust me, I'm obsessive about finding out everything I can before I go! I haven't started the port visit scouting yet, but in due time!😋 I've actually been to Aruba and Curacao before, so I have some advance Intel on those places. Going in December to Cozumel and Grand Cayman on RCI. Excited to see those places for the first time. And on the Conquest, Grand Turk is a new place I'm eager to experience.

Trust me, I'm obsessive about finding out everything I can before I go! I haven't started the port visit scouting yet, but in due time!😋 I've actually been to Aruba and Curacao before, so I have some advance Intel on those places. Going in December to Cozumel and Grand Cayman on RCI. Excited to see those places for the first time. And on the Conquest, Grand Turk is a new place I'm eager to experience.

We were on Conquest two years ago for our first cruise (5-day). Had an awesome time. Booked a 7-day on Glory about a year ago and we're down to about 2 1/2 months to go. Went to Grand Turk back then and going there again. We enjoyed it so much, we specifically looked for itineraries with it, that's how we chose this next one. We had never snorkeled before and tried for the first time at Half Moon Cay, but there wasn't hardly anything to see. Vast white sand bottom and a fish or two. But when we tried again in Grand Turk, it was a night & day difference. We went to the area just south of the pier, out in front of the NASA exhibit. Almost everyone goes to the north of the pier, right in front of Margaritaville, so the south side was practically empty...less than 10 of us there. Saw a lot more fish than HMC, crabs, and a live conch. My son enjoyed it so much, he said if we were to cruise again someday, we had to come back to GT. This time we're going to work our way farther south. I've heard there's some good snorkeling that way. A lot of people go to the bars in GT, but we're not big bar people. By the way, I think you're the first person in the Carnival forum to compliment their website. LOL It definitely doesn't get much love around here.

Thanks for the tip on GT. Will check it out. Yeah, right now RICo's website is a mess. There's an 80page thread going on about how things have gotten screwed up by the merger here on CC. I expect it will get ironed out, but in the mean time, whew!!!