Upgrade Advantage Poor/Fair offer

Shynook11

Has anyone ever gotten their bid accepted if they are within the poor/fair range? I am pretty certain we won't....but just wondering;) if it's even possible. My guess is on a huge ship, in summer, not likely.:) Thank you!

• Like 1

I upgraded from an inside to an oceanview for £50pp which I believe was on the cusp of poor and fair.

The words poor and fair mean nothing. They are simply there to encourage you to offer more.

There is no concrete way to predict. My bid from inside to balcony was accepted when I bid in the poor range on the South America run. My advice is only bid as much as your budget and comfort level allow and don't get your hopes up.

Has anyone ever gotten their bid accepted if they are within the poor/fair range? I am pretty certain we won't....but just wondering;) if it's even possible. My guess is on a huge ship, in summer, not likely.:) Thank you!
I made the minimum bid of $75, and went from an aft inside to a mid-ship balcony. We are on the Epic (huge ship) and it's about sold out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

We bid £75pp to upgrade from a midship inside to a midship balcony and were accepted.

We weren't really that bothered about upgrading as we have a group of friends on the same deck as we were originally allocated, but we thought we'd give it a try anyway.

I spelled out the success stories of our previous bids, scoring 5 out of 6, in that long thread ... not going to repeat it here, in the past year. All in the Poor range, not exactly bare minimum but very close. None of which over to the Fair side, or even on the "borderline" These were off-peak sailings with few school-aged onboard, both mega and mid-size ships, including 2 booked originally under land-based CAS partner offers.

On mega ships, there are more stateroom sub-categories within for the UA robot to play with their bidding model ... depending on availability & # of other higher bids, Haven/suites are typically going to bump the bids higher, with the "impatient" ones wanting to score their GTY assignment sooner than closer to a week or less prior to sailing, that's a win for NCL's finances, surely.

Have 2 pending bids among us, now about 7 weeks out, next month for both ship sizes, where it seemed - only the Insides are close to selling out on the Gem/Jewel/Dawn class. Unlike a year ago, practically same itinerary, prices are going back up higher & not seeing waiver of the single supplement.

It's complicated - you need to find the top-secret Calculus formula. Just play along & bid what you are comfortable with, I am fine with not moving up on the deck plan (well, there's a chance of going below our deck too.)

I have bid the min on almost all the available categories for my upcoming cruise. I would be very shocked if any were accepted!

There is hope! You never know. I bid the minimum for all categories I was offered, and mine was accepted within 2 weeks. Sailing on the Epic Good luck!

There is hope! You never know. I bid the minimum for all categories I was offered, and mine was accepted within 2 weeks. Sailing on the Epic Good luck!

Thank you. I have just never heard anyone getting a poor bid for a Haven suite but I will stay hopeful!

There's hope, you never know! We went from balcony to Deluxe Owner's Suite on the Dawn last year. My minimum ($300 pp) bid for a Penthouse Suite was rejected, but I guess no one bid for a DOS because 48 hrs before sailing I got an email AND phone call asking if I would accept the DOS for my existing bid for the lower category. Needless to say I accepted it and had a great time!

• Like 1

Bid exactly on the 1st rung of the fair category. Got it 2 weeks out. Went from inside to balcony...on the peakest of the peak sailing...April 1 getaway

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello, I'm in the same boat as you (pun intended) trying to go from an inside to a balcony on the April 1 Getaway sailing. What was the exact dollar amount (per person) that you bid??? Just wondering. Thanks.

I bid the minimum on the Dawn Thanksgiving cruise out of San Juan, Inside to Balcony was accepted. Hurricane issues may have let the bid gods smile on me, but whatever the cause it happened.

We bid the same for a spring break Dawn cruise but needed to cancel before we received a reply.