Coconut monkey heads

Smokeybooks

Does carnival still have have days where they put the drinks in the coconut heads? If they do what other collectible cups do they have? I'm hoping to get my monkey a friend or two lol.

Due to limited storage space, not all ships have all of the souvenir cups all of the time. A few years ago, I wanted two of the Whale Tail cups. On our first day, I asked a bartender at the Blue Iguana Bar if those were going to be offered some time during the cruise. She wasn't sure, but did offer to check to see if there were any on the ship. Although they never were offered on that cruise, the woman I spoke to was able to find a couple for me. So, you might ask one of the bartenders if the coconut heads are available on your cruise. Maybe you'll get lucky. Your only other option would be to look for them listed on eBay.

Last year on the Ecstasy, I saw a few of the coconut monkeys at the Red Frog, but mostly it was plastic ones, the ones I saw the most were a parrot fish and a puffer fish. We got two of the puffer fish just for a goof. There's a picture of them in my husband's review:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=574363

Recently on Triumph, they had all of the specialty cups everyday of the cruise, although each bar may have only 1-2 different. I know I saw the coconut monkeys at Red Frog which is where my wife got her blowfish cup. I got my funnel cup at the (New World) pool bar which also had the tuna(?) cups.

Does carnival still have have days where they put the drinks in the coconut heads? If they do what other collectible cups do they have? I'm hoping to get my monkey a friend or two lol.

I think the original coconut heads are a collectible now.... Maybe they could be worth $$ on the souvenir market online!!:D:D

There used to a Monkey Head group ( see my signature) on the old CCL forums, but it is gone now, along with the original "real" coconut Monkey Head drinks. (at least I haven't seen one in a long time, maybe some still exist on the ships)

What's the difference between the original ones and the ones they sell now. I had to laugh when I bought mine. On the bottom it says "Made in China".

I "think" the drinks contents may be the same or similar, but I was referring to the Coconut Head, made of a real coconut cut in half. :):) Plastic ones, well, they could come from anywhere, so seeing made in China on one doesn't surprise me. Hopefully the drink contents are not pre-made and imported from China??:confused:

"I have never seen" a real coconut stamped with made in China!! :D They may have them, you never know these days?:D

If you have an itinerary that includes Nassau, there is a "maybe". At the Straw Market, to the left of the market as you're facing it from the street, there used to be a guy that sold items made from coconuts, such as yard ornaments, bird houses, etc. It's a long shot, but if he's still there, it might be worth a look to see if he has what you're looking for.

Just off Elation, and yes I saw monkey heads.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

Curious? Was it plastic or real coconut?? Not that it really matters!:D If you have a had couple of them, it could be in a regular glass, and you wouldn't really mind... At least we didn't!:D:D

Curious? Was it plastic or real coconut?? Not that it really matters!:D If you have a had couple of them, it could be in a regular glass, and you wouldn't really mind... At least we didn't!:D:D
That, I couldn't tell you. I didn't have one, just saw others. I only saw a couple though and they were huge so I'm guessing they we're plastic.

On our last cruise (Sept. 2015) on Liberty, we hadn't seen the coconut monkey cups midway through our cruise so we asked one of the bartenders if they'd have them and when. He let us know that Carnival still has them, but they didn't get the shipment of them in for our cruise. Our cruise was the 2nd sailing after the engine fire while docked in St. Thomas, and for a short period of time we weren't sure if our cruise would be on or not, so that may have had something do do with it. BUT...since I asked, our bartender said he'd check and see if he could find one and he was able to! So if you really want one, definitely ask one of the bartenders. They will do what they can, and some go out of their way, to hook you up. ***They did have the blowfish, parrot fish, funnel cups, & a few others on that cruise***.

It's funny because now that I think about it, I don't remember being offered one single special cup on Elation this week. I just happened to see a couple people with coconut heads, but not once did I see employees walking around with trays of disco ball or blowish etc.. I wasn't even offered a drink upon embarkation which I thought was strange.

I think the original coconut heads are a collectible now.... Maybe they could be worth $$ on the souvenir market online!!:D:D

There used to a Monkey Head group ( see my signature) on the old CCL forums, but it is gone now, along with the original "real" coconut Monkey Head drinks. (at least I haven't seen one in a long time, maybe some still exist on the ships)

The Original Monkey Head group is still together, just not on CCL boards anymore. We are on that other not allowed to mention social page. Some of us "original" members did a cruise on the Dream in January. Since Tom /Elk Ranger passed away in 2014 a few weeks after the last big MHWC cruise things are not the same. The original monkey head was a real coconut, not plastic.

The Original Monkey Head group is still together, just not on CCL boards anymore. We are on that other not allowed to mention social page. Some of us "original" members did a cruise on the Dream in January. Since Tom /Elk Ranger passed away in 2014 a few weeks after the last big MHWC cruise things are not the same. The original monkey head was a real coconut, not plastic.

Thanks for the Update! What does "MHWC" ? The MH I get, but the WC?:confused::)

I haven't seen any of the plastic ones yet. Mine says made in China but seems to be some sort of coconut, it definitely isn't plastic.

Has anyone really seen any monkey heads in plastic, like the fish, or funnel, or the disco ball?

"I have never seen" a real coconut stamped with made in China!! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 They may have them, you never know these days?clear.png?emoji-grin-1677