4 adults in a room

crazy4tweety

Hello all taking a cruise to Bahamas next may 2019 due to other people income it will work out best for them 4 in a room. I price two in each room on this trip and it still not in the income 4 in the room save each person 375 dollars that is a balconcy. I tried two oceans views that will save each person 200 but one person income can handle the 375 saving better.None of them want an inside cabin so that is out, I dont care what my room is cause I am out on the ship most of the time.

My question is who has done four in a room these are four that all get along. I did it with three in a room no problems if you all schedule shower time and such

I KNOW SOME WILL SAY 4 WOMEN IN A ROOM NO WAY I WOULD DO THAT

I WANT TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE DONE IT PLEASE AND ANY TIPS TO GIVE/

This will be a five day cruise.

I've traveled with 4 women in a room on five day cruise. The problem we had was the lack of outlets so bring an extension cord; not a surge protector though. If you can travel with carry-ons that would be best because there won't be a lot of room for large suitcases. We did it and had a blast but we all get along well. Having a balcony will definitely get you more space to spread out.

Hello all taking a cruise to Bahamas next may 2019 due to other people income it will work out best for them 4 in a room. I price two in each room on this trip and it still not in the income 4 in the room save each person 375 dollars that is a balconcy. I tried two oceans views that will save each person 200 but one person income can handle the 375 saving better.None of them want an inside cabin so that is out, I dont care what my room is cause I am out on the ship most of the time.

My question is who has done four in a room these are four that all get along. I did it with three in a room no problems if you all schedule shower time and such

We did four in a room with all women. My mom and three of the sisters. We all did fine. We staggered showering and had a good time putting makeup on and dressing up together. We made dinner an event every night. It was a blast. And it was in inside cabin in order to keep it as cheap as possible for two of my sisters who still have young kids at home and really needed to have a cheap vacation.

I forgot to add: this was a 5 day cruise and we never had any problems. I would not do this for a 7 day cruise. On our next sister cruise, my older sister and I splurged on a balcony with no one else. Five was just enough, seven days, too much for the crowded room.

Thanks yep this will be five days . I have read about people using spa showers I did not know you could go in there and use them

I figure two showerbin morning two at night and anyone can shower other times it not being used

Thanks for positive feedback :cool:

If everyone gets along, I think it’s totally fine! Especially with a balcony. I’ve done 3 women and it was so much fun. All laughing and talking all the time. On the last day of he cruise, I think we might have needed a little space because we all kind of did our own thing for a couple hours. Then we came back together and life was good again!

Not a problem. One girl always used the shower in the gym. It’s actually a nicer bigger shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks yep this will be five days . I have read about people using spa showers I did not know you could go in there and use them

I figure two showerbin morning two at night and anyone can shower other times it not being used

Thanks for positive feedback :cool:

Hi

Yes, the showers in the spa/gym area are a great option. Some ships have a dry sauna and/or a steam room that you can use as well.

If you plan it out well and bring you evening attire you can get cleaned up after a day at the beach and be ready for dinner. You won't get in each others way and you will also have a larger shower facility. I do this regularly, especially if the cabin is located close. Certainly look to see if this would be possible for your cabin selection.

have a great cruise

I have done a 7 day cruise on the Breeze with 4 women in a spa balcony. Every day 2 of us used the spa showers. It was a little snug but not really too bad. we each had 2 pieces of luggage, they all went under the beds just fine.

I have also done 3 women in a balcony cabin on the Magic. That really wasn't bad at all.

We have done it three or four times with our kids. The last time when they were later teens. So adult size.

Overdoing it on keeping things tidy and respecting the limited space available is key. Since I wear hearing aids, night noise is not an issue. If anything, I might be an issue with my 'light' snoring. ;)

None of them want an inside cabin so that is out, I dont care what my room is cause I am out on the ship most of the time.

I feel exactly the same way. I just don't get why anyone would be against an inside cabin when cost is an issue. It's a no-brainer. You may want to think hard about who you are bunking with for five nights;p.

Thanks all for input

I did put in all prices for the cruise two inside cabins were 702 each that without the gratuity when I did the balconcy it was 642 each with gratuities so that is cheaper . This is for the five day cruise I am thinking of taking . So it would only save like a little over 100 adding the gratuities if there was two inside cabins

As I said I know some would say no way and why for four people but reading post from the positive perspective people have done it and they did not have problems so that part is good to read.

And I do know who I’m traveling with they are three wonderful ladies I have cruise with two of them before with three in the room the other one it her first cruise so I don’t mind bunking with any of them thanks again it not until next may just trying to get thoughts and working on it now

We booked four to a room, inside cabin on thanksgiving week last year. We had my 2 teen nieces , my son and another family member, nine years old. They had a great time, we worked out the storage arrangements by unpacking everything and storing under beds and in closets. Most times though, the girls had clothes thrown everywhere and there were games and phone cords strewn around but otherwise it worked well. All of them are adult sized people and fit comfortably in the cabin. They had extension cords and rotated that with flat irons for hair, and iPads , iPods, etc . They took turns showering and dressing as the older girls could go to the gym to shower or they could use our shower necessary. For sleeping, it was perfect , everyone had their own space in the bunks. We paid a little over 300.00 each for the 4 day cruise so it was a bargain. I would have easily swapped places and stayed in that inside cabin if need be, for that price. They were able to stay out of each other’s way , either at the pool, in the teen clubs, game room, etc, so many places to go on the ship throughout the day that the room can be just a meeting place and a place to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks all for input

I did put in all prices for the cruise two inside cabins were 702 each that without the gratuity when I did the balconcy it was 642 each with gratuities so that is cheaper . This is for the five day cruise I am thinking of taking . So it would only save like a little over 100 adding the gratuities if there was two inside cabins

As I said I know some would say no way and why for four people but reading post from the positive perspective people have done it and they did not have problems so that part is good to read.

And I do know who I’m traveling with they are three wonderful ladies I have cruise with two of them before with three in the room the other one it her first cruise so I don’t mind bunking with any of them ��thanks again it not until next may just trying to get thoughts and working on it now

So $60 more pp to have 2 rooms - inside? I would personally pay the difference for anyone who couldn't afford it and do two rooms, especially if being in an inside isn't an issue. Another thought, depending on fund availability, get one balcony for the two who can afford it and an inside for the ones who can't. That way everyone can have some balcony time. This is how we travel with our teen boys.

Yes 4 gay men in their 20's in an inside cabin. So you can imagine the bathroom time was almost as bad as 4 women. We each took multiple showers a day and had lots of luggage and even in an inside cabin were fine. We are all friends made it fun getting ready together. Just took showers at odd times one person after the pool while the others were still drinking. Then, grab a drink before dinner while the others primp and dress. We never had a jam up that we even felt the need to use the spa Bathroom.

Your not on a cruise to be in your room any way. It's a place to sleep and shower. That's it.

We did 4 women in an inside on a 5 day and it was so much fun. We all had different habits and the bathroom was never an issue. A couple times, we just went down the hall to the bathroom if it was occupied We were on Lido so that also helped a lot. Definite extension chord for outlets since we all got ready for dinner at the same time.

We do a girls cruise every year of 4 best girl friends. Being together in the room turns out to be the highlight. We cut up and laugh constantly. We were offered to move to 2 rooms for the same price and all agreed to stay in one!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have cruised twice with my group of 4. We are 4 men between 25-32 and it works out well. All of us have taken trips before on a budget, and on a couple occations have done 6 in a hotel room (shhh) So with that in mind, we are used to sacrificing some comfort for economics. We have some basic boundary ground rules. Daily showers(it's best to mention it, and not have an akward' you smell' convo) and 2 try to utilize in the morning 2 at night-or find a time midday if you dont want to be rushed-. After x hours room is quiet (tv on mute, headphones for devices, cabin light off) Everyone keeps dirty clothes together and clean clothes unpacked in a drawer or closet (so we can pack suitcases under bed for space). Generally keep room tidy and respect others and their things.

A few potential snags; Dinner time bathroom queue:With all men we are pretty quick to clean up, but dinner and getting ready especially on formal nights I opt to use the spa shower and bathroom to get ready (I tend to take the longest when dressing up)

Who gets top; The bigger guys usually sleep on the bottom bunks with us and the two relativly smaller guys take top bunks, just work it out with eachother

Messy roommates; we had to have a talk with a guy leaving his boxers around, not making a big deal and addressing it, seemed to work it out

Sleep schedule; Either like above have a quiet time set, and remind violators- calmly- to respect it. Also preferably have everyone kind of sync up on sleep and wake times-this for us, happens organically by night 2-3

Sickness...; if someone gets sick, you are in tight quarters. I got food poisoning one trip for 36 +hours, but could take care of my self and kept my bio hazard contained. Another one of us got so drunk he was cut off for the rest of the cruise and the paramedic in our group took care of him(the man has a heart of gold), while uncool of the drunk friend it was addressed and on trips he has curved his drinking... but it could happen and it's a reality that someone will have to take care of the sick person.

If I have to sum up my advice, be open and respectful to each other, and figure things out before their a problem. You know your friends and their tendencies. We are going for our third week long cruise next month and we are still friends

You will not be friends after the cruise.