Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Since I booked a cruise on Liberty, I'm really enjoying this review. When I get to the part about the Breeze, I'll be interested in that as well as there are some sailings from PC on her.

Thanks, enjoy your cruise. Mike

• 11 months later...

It's nice to see that all of your images are still here. Did you upgrade to the Photobucket $400 a year plan? I just realized my 2011 Dream review which has over 230,000 views no longer has photos because Photobucket changed their plans in July of last year and broke all the links.

It's nice to see that all of your images are still here. Did you upgrade to the Photobucket $400 a year plan? I just realized my 2011 Dream review which has over 230,000 views no longer has photos because Photobucket changed their plans in July of last year and broke all the links.

No and I won't, I don't know when my membership is due.

No and I won't, I don't know when my membership is due.

Interesting. I had a paid membership and they broke all of my photo links including billions of others in July with only a couple days warning. Upgrade or lose all your linked photos in your blogs/etc .. all hotlinks. So my dream review which has a quarter of a million views is sitting without photos in it. Super annoying. But I was happy to see your photos are still here.

Interesting. I had a paid membership and they broke all of my photo links including billions of others in July with only a couple days warning. Upgrade or lose all your linked photos in your blogs/etc .. all hotlinks. So my dream review which has a quarter of a million views is sitting without photos in it. Super annoying. But I was happy to see your photos are still here.

MikeyA53...sorry for the "hi-jack", but just commenting to let italianfemmy know there is away around the locked pictures. :) There was a discussion on another CC board about this and someone posted information on a way to see the pictures that had been "locked"/blocked. Attaching link to that thread (under Photo and Camera Discussions). The solution is on Page 4, Post #76 (link hopefully opening to page 4). Here's the link to that CC thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53948442#post53948442 I did this and wink, wink...I can now see the pictures in my reviews and others again, and italianfemmy...I can see your pictures too. :)

I think Photobucket blocked links to pictures to anyone that had the basic, free account last July. I had upgraded my account from the free to the least expensive in order to do my last CC review, but there is no way that I was going to pay $400 a year just to keep the pictures in the reviews, so the links to mine were locked in Nov. 2017 when my subscription renewal was due. I think that's how Photobucket was doing it, so MikeyA53, your subscription renewal may not yet be due (before July), thus your pictures are still showing. I have received emails recently where Photobucket is offering a new plan for $100 a year (forget how much storage space that includes) that also includes 3rd party photo hosting for blogs and personal use, like CC.

MikeyA53...sorry for the "hi-jack", but just commenting to let italianfemmy know there is away around the locked pictures. :) There was a discussion on another CC board about this and someone posted information on a way to see the pictures that had been "locked"/blocked. Attaching link to that thread (under Photo and Camera Discussions). The solution is on Page 4, Post #76 (link hopefully opening to page 4). Here's the link to that CC thread: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53948442#post53948442 I did this and wink, wink...I can now see the pictures in my reviews and others again, and italianfemmy...I can see your pictures too. :)

I think Photobucket blocked links to pictures to anyone that had the basic, free account last July. I had upgraded my account from the free to the least expensive in order to do my last CC review, but there is no way that I was going to pay $400 a year just to keep the pictures in the reviews, so the links to mine were locked in Nov. 2017 when my subscription renewal was due. I think that's how Photobucket was doing it, so MikeyA53, your subscription renewal may not yet be due (before July), thus your pictures are still showing. I have received emails recently where Photobucket is offering a new plan for $100 a year (forget how much storage space that includes) that also includes 3rd party photo hosting for blogs and personal use, like CC.

Sorry to keep hijacking back (Really wish CC had a PM a member feature) - but does this allow EVERYONE to see my images again or only myself and people who have done the hi-jack? Thanks!

Sorry to keep hijacking back (Really wish CC had a PM a member feature) - but does this allow EVERYONE to see my images again or only myself and people who have done the hi-jack? Thanks!

I don't mind, hijack all you want. Useful information.

I think it only allows those who use the "fix" to see the pictures. I used the fix last September, shortly after it was posted, so I am able to see the pictures in my review and others where the pictures are blocked. Others who have used it have also mentioned being able to see the pictures. But for example, even though I have used the fix, the pictures in the reviews that I did will still be blocked for those who haven't done the fix. The only way I can unlock those pictures to show for everyone is to pay. I enjoyed doing and sharing the reviews, but it certainly wasn't worth the $400. Photobucket is now offering for $100 a year, but I haven't really had a chance to look into that. That still seems a little steep.

I don't mind, hijack all you want. Useful information.

Thanks Mike!

• 2 years later...