AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

**UPDATE**Allstate Drivewise (800-642-2609) did confirm that the shipping charge for the E-Gift Cards is an error. If you purchased E-Gifts recently and were charged a shipping fee, call them for a refund of the fee. They are in the process now of correcting the error on the website.
I wonder how many people this happened to who didn't even realize they were being charged shipping for e-cards?

100 and 500 physical cards show by clicking travel gift cards. Searching for carnival gives you the 500 e-cards

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I get the $500 e-cards to show no matter how I do it. The screenshot I posted was the results of using the search box, but it's exactly the same as using their site links. What we were talking about earlier was $50 gift cards. See SNJCruisers' post (#519).

I wonder how many people this happened to who didn't even realize they were being charged shipping for e-cards?

I get the $500 e-cards to show no matter how I do it. The screenshot I posted was the results of using the search box, but it's exactly the same as using their site links. What we were talking about earlier was $50 gift cards. See SNJCruisers' post (#519).

I saw the shipping charge before purchasing, but got it anyway. There was a promo code for grand turk excursions (10% off) I wanted to use (it expired yesterday). I figured 59 cents was a small price to pay to stack the gift card discount and the grand turk discount.

I think there were two separate conversations about what gift cards were showing up where. No $50 cards for me, at all, and e-cards (500 only) only if I search for Carnival.

I bought 2 500.00 gift cards last week to pay off my upcoming cruise. There were no E-Gifts available. Paid the .59 each for shipping. Checked again today and purchased 2 more 500.00 E-Gift cards and got them within seconds of completing the transaction, still had the .59 each shipping charge - which I have never had prior (I purchase a lot of the E-Gift cards). Will be calling allstate drivewise to see what has changed. Once I know, I will provide an update.

**UPDATE**Allstate Drivewise (800-642-2609) did confirm that the shipping charge for the E-Gift Cards is an error. If you purchased E-Gifts recently and were charged a shipping fee, call them for a refund of the fee. They are in the process now of correcting the error on the website.

I got my $.59 back! :p

Will this be enough to cover the tax on a pre-sailway drink with cheers? :tropical-drink:

gNgHVKEFVqsHmcFuYduO59y+4pUA1AABuQDUAAG5ANQAAbkA1AABuQDUAAG5ANQAAbkA1AABuQDUAAG78Px9N3W7+Vxf0AAAAAElFTkSuQmCCAA==

Failed with screenshot for 50.00 card.....first and last time trying.

There's been something wrong with posting images here lately. The other day when I tried, it kept posting a broken image. I ended up trying four different hosting sites on two different browsers. I finally got it to work after uploading the image to Google Photos, which was originally one of the four sites I tried that didn't work. Instead of using their "Share" tool, I right-clicked on the image, chose View Image from the context menu (which opened the image in a new tab), and copied the URL from the address bar. That was the only way I could get it to work here. Never had to go through that much trouble before, so there's a glitch in CC somewhere. Users who post images from their phones, like coolson in this thread yesterday, don't seem to be having any trouble.

There's been something wrong with posting images here lately. The other day when I tried, it kept posting a broken image. I ended up trying four different hosting sites on two different browsers. I finally got it to work after uploading the image to Google Photos, which was originally one of the four sites I tried that didn't work. Instead of using their "Share" tool, I right-clicked on the image, chose View Image from the context menu (which opened the image in a new tab), and copied the URL from the address bar. That was the only way I could get it to work here. Never had to go through that much trouble before, so there's a glitch in CC somewhere. Users who post images from their phones, like coolson in this thread yesterday, don't seem to be having any trouble.

If you want to try posting a picture (even with it being broken), I'll be happy to look and see if I can figure out what the issue is for you.

I don't upload pictures here from a phone, only a computer.

If you want to try posting a picture (even with it being broken), I'll be happy to look and see if I can figure out what the issue is for you.

I don't upload pictures here from a phone, only a computer.

I'm wondering if it has to do with a conflict between CC and shortened URL's. I played around with it and both Flickr and Google Photos use shortened URL's for their share tools. I can't get either one to work now, even though I used Flickr to post a picture here earlier this week. But if I use the full URL, it works.

I'm wondering if it has to do with a conflict between CC and shortened URL's. I played around with it and both Flickr and Google Photos use shortened URL's for their share tools. I can't get either one to work now, even though I used Flickr to post a picture here earlier this week. But if I use the full URL, it works.

Most forums you have to use a link to the image itself. Even when you use URL shorteners, you're going to a website with that image embedded, not the actual image. If your url ends in the image extension it should post them without any problems.

Does that url end with an Image extension (.jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png)? I’ve seen some google image links lately that don’t end in an image extension and those wouldn’t work. That said if you’re uploading from your phone it’s easy as heck using the forums app or Tapatalk. That’s what I use.

Does that url end with an Image extension (.jpg, .bmp, .gif, .png)? I’ve seen some google image links lately that don’t end in an image extension and those wouldn’t work. That said if you’re uploading from your phone it’s easy as heck using the forums app or Tapatalk. That’s what I use.
Just checked using Google photos and no, there is no extension when using their share tool (shortened URL). I am able to post the image with the full URL (which does include the extension). I'm guessing Flickr is the same way, but it's strange because I just posted a picture using Flickr earlier this week and didn't jump through any of these hoops. Oh well, I'll just do it the roundabout way. I do have the CC app, but I don't do a whole lot of online activity on my phone.

I ordered one but they are mailing it. How do you get the eGift cards?
The e-cards have to be available to be able to choose that option. Seems like Allstate hasn't had e-cards in a long time. When they are available, you'll have the option to choose (mail or email) via a drop-down menu in your shopping cart.

The AARP Rewards for Good program has had both available for quite some time now. If you don't know about that, you can read about it in this thread. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2208976

You don't have to be an AARP member to participate in the Rewards for Good program and buy Carnival cards. You just register a free account.