Dry erase message boards

Yes, they're magnetic. I found a fairly large-ish board on Amazon that's just a magnetic piece itself. I cut it into pieces, so we could have one on the outside, and one on the inside of the stateroom. Worked quite well. It's called 'Premium Magnetic Dry Erase Whiteboard Sheet 17" x 11"' from 'kedudes'

You can get whiteboards at most dollar stores.

Get some magnetic clips too while at Dollar Tree, they are great in the cabin to hold all the papers they deliver in your cabin everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm one of the folks that have used whiteboards, AND bought them from a dollar store. It is quite handy for not-exactly-real-time updates. But then again, you're probably not gonna stay by the pool for only 10 minutes, right?

just be prepared for some interesting messages to be left. :eek::eek::eek:

I second this. We had a lot of fun with our white board on our last cruise. Neighbors and passers by would leave messages and write their names down. There was even a “kidnapping” of one of our door decorations and a lot of ransom notes and negotiations to get it back left on the white board during the week, followed up at the end of the cruise with a meet up for the exchange (and to finally find out who did it). It was a woman down the hall, but about 10 kids who had been enjoying the drama showed up for the hand-off and tried to collect the ransom even though they didn’t have our decoration. I ended up giving them $5 to be in charge of getting our decoration back (which they did). It was all in fun, and they thought the $5 was really exciting even though they had to split it 10 ways and the ship doesn’t take cash.

However, after I got home I looked up the translation for some of the Italian that was written on our board throughout the week and it was a bunch of stuff about child molesting...not cool.

IMG_1521211706.957853.jpg.9c83d605958fefe3f841a0e239767dd4.jpg

IMG_1521211682.156033.jpg.5554baac79789cf63b69f3b6f8f0cf5b.jpg

IMG_1521211691.773731.jpg.95562f49fbacafcec6273899c8db9c5e.jpg

IMG_1521211699.742291.jpg.107da177dea032a3036da8f1968b124c.jpg

We put ours inside the room for that reason...well, that and we didn't want the kids to be able to say "I wrote it, someone must have wiped it off!" :halo:

Technically no, the doors are not magnetic. However, they are metal so magnets will stick to them.
They may not be magnetized, but they are magnetic, specifically, ferromagnetic. #physicspedantry

This exchange is worth the price of admission. Not magnetic, but ferromagnetic. But in layman's terms the doors aren't magnetic, but magnets love them! You won't believe how much... click here to find out!

I've seen some whoppers over the years. Some WRONG or funny, some completely idiotic, and some in the middle.

Last cruise our neighbor had one that was worthy of something in the middle. They drew a palm tree and sand with the words "Life's a beach..." on it.

We came back that night to a different handwriting having modified the word beach to b---- and the words "and then you marry her!" with an angry stickwoman standing under the tree added.

The pen was gone the next morning, so they apparently didn't like that.

I want one and most of the time would laugh but I’m going on a Spring Break cruise so I can only imagine what could happen! Might have to be inside!

I want one and most of the time would laugh but I’m going on a Spring Break cruise so I can only imagine what could happen! Might have to be inside!

We would have left ours inside as well, but we were traveling with other people and the notes about where we went were for them.

I second this. We had a lot of fun with our white board on our last cruise. Neighbors and passers by would leave messages and write their names down. There was even a “kidnapping” of one of our door decorations and a lot of ransom notes and negotiations to get it back left on the white board during the week, followed up at the end of the cruise with a meet up for the exchange (and to finally find out who did it). It was a woman down the hall, but about 10 kids who had been enjoying the drama showed up for the hand-off and tried to collect the ransom even though they didn’t have our decoration. I ended up giving them $5 to be in charge of getting our decoration back (which they did). It was all in fun, and they thought the $5 was really exciting even though they had to split it 10 ways and the ship doesn’t take cash.

However, after I got home I looked up the translation for some of the Italian that was written on our board throughout the week and it was a bunch of stuff about child molesting...not cool.

Now that is just funny!!! Would've never thought of that...or expected it!!

(everything but the molesting was funny....hopefully they were referring to the thing 1 character..but still crass)

Now that is just funny!!! Would've never thought of that...or expected it!!

(everything but the molesting was funny....hopefully they were referring to the thing 1 character..but still crass)

We never expected the board to create so much interaction with our neighbors. And you’re right, maybe they were just joking around about the Thing, and not purposely being creepy knowing there was an actual child in my room, who knows.

It was certainly a memorable part of our trip, that’s for sure (but we were actually kind of irritated that someone stole our Thing).

We never expected the board to create so much interaction with our neighbors. And you’re right, maybe they were just joking around about the Thing, and not purposely being creepy knowing there was an actual child in my room, who knows.

It was certainly a memorable part of our trip, that’s for sure (but we were actually kind of irritated that someone stole our Thing).

I don't blame you for being annoyed. But knowing (afterwards of course), that it was all part of a game and there were kids involved that got a big kick out of it made it all sound like fun. Still not sure I'd want to put up any decor and deal with it though lol!

I don't blame you for being annoyed. But knowing (afterwards of course), that it was all part of a game and there were kids involved that got a big kick out of it made it all sound like fun. Still not sure I'd want to put up any decor and deal with it though lol!

Yeah, we went along with it and made the best of it. My daughter got a kick out of the ransom requests and she was always excited to come back to the room and see what notes were on the board and to see if anyone accepted her fake ransom money. It definitely made the trip more memorable, and was worth the $5 Door decoration (which we got back ripped in half from its week long kidnapping journey). It made the kids happy, so as a parent, it was worth it.