Embarkment suitcase

mteastlake

On embarkment day, was wondering while waiting for our room what do we do with our one suitcase with our swimsuit/medication/important papers change of clothes? Is there lockers? We are first timers

I bring my bag up to my room and put important stuff in safe and put bag in closet or under bed. If steward is cleaning, I explain I'm just dropping stuff off. Never had a problem.

On embarkment day, was wondering while waiting for our room what do we do with our one suitcase with our swimsuit/medication/important papers change of clothes? Is there lockers? We are first timers

If you are on one of the megaships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Bliss), you have to haul your bags with you. No storage. No lockers. Keep it to a small hand carry.

If you are on one of the small ships, there will be a bag drop area where. This is not for dropping and picking up bags every time you need something.

The ship kindly ask that you do NOT enter the cabin area until the cruise director invites you. 1:00-1:30.

If you are on one of the megaships (Breakaway, Getaway, Escape, Bliss), you have to haul your bags with you. No storage. No lockers. Keep it to a small hand carry.

If you are on one of the small ships, there will be a bag drop area where. This is not for dropping and picking up bags every time you need something.

The ship kindly ask that you do NOT enter the cabin area until the cruise director invites you. 1:00-1:30.

The Epic also has a drop off area for carry on bags.

we check all bags except a small backpack that has our cruise docs, meds, my jewelry, etc. we dont usually hit the tubs/pools right away on embark day but if we want to, we just wear our suits under our clothes.

Exactly our plan,,,,except I'm hitting the Buffet:cool:

Chances are you may not even be able to get to your room if they are not ready. We have seen the halls with big doors closed so you can't even go down the hall where your room is ahead of time.

We always check our suitcase with the porters at the terminal (it will end up at your room later in the afternoon) and then have a tote bag that we carry around that has things we want with us.

First of all, you can't carry on anything that is bigger than will fit through an airport style x-ray machine. That limits you to a backpack or, at most, a carry-on. If you have a lot you want to carry on, your best option is to distribute it between backpacks for each person. The easiest thing is just to keep them with you until your cabin is ready.

It depends on the ship and the port and the timing, but lately I've noticed that cabins are ready earlier and earlier in the afternoon. Usually by the time you've finished lunch, you'll be starting to hear announcements about cabins being ready.

we check all bags except a small backpack that has our cruise docs, meds, my jewelry, etc. we dont usually hit the tubs/pools right away on embark day but if we want to, we just wear our suits under our clothes.

Great idea about wearing your swimsuit under your clothes!