Cabin "Under Construction"?

Here's a new one. Sailing Harmony in June. My sister booked and made final payment on an O.V. balcony. She just got an email from t.a. saying she was being moved to a C.P. balcony because her cabin will be "undergoing necessary modifications". Sounds fishy to me. Any thoughts?

Here's a new one. Sailing Harmony in June. My sister booked and made final payment on an O.V. balcony. She just got an email from t.a. saying she was being moved to a C.P. balcony because her cabin will be "undergoing necessary modifications". Sounds fishy to me. Any thoughts?
Um, OV are usually more $$ than CP. I'd be pushing back on this one. Or they better be giving her some major $ or perks back.

Um, OV are usually more $$ than CP. I'd be pushing back on this one. Or they better be giving her some major $ or perks back.

Absolutely. I know sometimes a cabin requires maintenance that might take some time so it needs to be vacant but they certainly owe more than a switch to a lower category.

Just off Oasis and Harmony We noticed a group of Central Park balcony cabins blocked off with white enclosures on both ships.

Thought it was odd since they were on both ships and in the same area.

I think they were on a high deck possibly deck 14. (Under pool area)

Maybe making them into larger cabins to accommodate families?

Did RCI give a reason for this?

I would not be happy about this move at all. Even compensation would not make it better. I want to see the ocean when I am on the balcony.

Try doing a mock booking. If there are any higher category cabins available I would be calling and arguing for a free upgrade.

Perhaps you can go on meet and greet for a future sailing and see if anybody can help by asking when they get on board what is going on in that area?

I also would not want the change of cabin and I agree, do a mock booking and if something is available speak to RC and ask for a manager and explain the situation.

I would push for at least a JS. We had a big price drop for a OVB last June. We had our TA call and they said they would have upgraded us to a JS but they were out. So she kept pushing and we ended up with a GS.

Keep pushing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So they moved her to another OV balcony. I still don't understand what extensive work they could be doing to a cabin on a new ship. It's obviously not an emergency as it's planned well in advance.

Did she ask them? . Did they say why they offered her a downgrade? Glad she is getting what she paid for. Hope she got some OBC for her trouble.

Just off Oasis and Harmony We noticed a group of Central Park balcony cabins blocked off with white enclosures on both ships.

Thought it was odd since they were on both ships and in the same area.

I think they were on a high deck possibly deck 14. (Under pool area)

Maybe making them into larger cabins to accommodate families?

Did RCI give a reason for this?

I think we saw the same thing on Allure a few weeks ago. There were few balconies that looked like they were closed off by a white partition. They were the first few on that deck. We saw them looking down from 14 but I can't remember if we were port or starboard.