Concierge or B with wide veranda on Riviera?

Terryd444

We were "upgraded" from Oceanview to a B3 on a 2015 cruise we booked on a guarantee. We were excited to get a balcony and the extended one was quite spacious; however, there was a lot of noise in the mornings when we arrived in port. The whole room vibrated and it was pretty annoying to be woken up like that

Sent from my iPad using Forums

unfortunately the whole ship seems to vibrate during docking even the pool deck :evilsmile:

7008 spent 30 days in it,, best views on the ship, best cabin I would take this over a Penthouse or Concierge.. The lounge is pretty much a fluff thing.. There is so much food to be had everywhere I can not fathom your husband needing snacks in the faux lounge... Really.. Take the B3 you will pay more for less with a concierge..

Absolutely. We spent 37 days in 7129. Fantastic location.

The more often that you cruise, the less "annoyed" you will feel about that incident. It is more the result of being on a ship than of the location of your cabin.

Even the Owners Suites vibrate! ;p

+2 the ship is made of steel which is not a good insulator....Maybe ship travel is not for you if you are so easily annoyed.

Too the ship moves in the ocean up and down, right left because it is in the ocean..which some find offensive to their senses

+2 the ship is made of steel which is not a good insulator....Maybe ship travel is not for you if you are so easily annoyed.

Too the ship moves in the ocean up and down, right left because it is in the ocean..which some find offensive to their senses

Pitch and roll are hard enough to deal with. We haven't even mention yaw yet.:D

The more often that you cruise, the less "annoyed" you will feel about that incident. It is more the result of being on a ship than of the location of your cabin.

Even the Owners Suites vibrate! ;p

Sorry but on our Marina cruise in 2017 we were never awakened by noise or vibration, nor have we experienced it on other cruises so I can only attribute it to the location of that particular cabin. As for the snarky comment about being easily annoyed, the OP asked if anyone experienced noise in the B3 and I advised him of our experience. Clearly some of you were not raised by parents who taught you that if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all [emoji35]

As for the snarky comment about being easily annoyed

I never made any statement about you being easily annoyed.

What I DID say was that you would be "less annoyed" in future, as you continued to cruise.

Considering that the four Posts after mine all agreed with me, it seems likely that the vibration which you were describing effects more than just the B3 cabins which you were referencing, which is the point which I was trying to make.

Nothing personal at all

:D

Sorry but on our Marina cruise in 2017 we were never awakened by noise or vibration, nor have we experienced it on other cruises so I can only attribute it to the location of that particular cabin.

What cabin were you in

we felt the vibration on deck 9 as well as 7114 & other places on the ship

7003. We have never been in a cabin all the way forward. To me it sounded like the anchor coming down. No complaints, we were happy to have a balcony when we didn’t pay for it but if I was choosing a room not sure I would pick to stay there even tho you get the extended balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

7003. We have never been in a cabin all the way forward. To me it sounded like the anchor coming down. No complaints, we were happy to have a balcony when we didn’t pay for it but if I was choosing a room not sure I would pick to stay there even tho you get the extended balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

if it was a tender port it probably could have been the anchor but also when entering the dock or leaving it could be the bow thrusters & of course the sound of the ship hitting the waves will cause some vibration that far forward

Frankly I'm looking forward to being in 7116. I picked it out from actually being on the ship, and chose it over the open balcony(first) extended ones. I based this on walking down the halls by them and determining what else was around them, rooms across the hall, crew service doors, etc.

I'll know in a few months whether I chose well or not.

Frankly I'm looking forward to being in 7116. I picked it out from actually being on the ship, and chose it over the open balcony(first) extended ones. I based this on walking down the halls by them and determining what else was around them, rooms across the hall, crew service doors, etc.

I'll know in a few months whether I chose well or not.

We've been in 7119 (almost directly across the ship from 7116) on the Marina and loved it. Very quiet and close to the stairs and elevators. Friends were in 7119 and were very happy with their choice. On our upcoming B2B, we'll be in 7114. IMO, you chose well.

7008 spent 30 days in it,, best views on the ship, best cabin I would take this over a Penthouse or Concierge..

I am taking my mom on her first cruise next summer (2019) of the Holy Land (Divine Exploration) on Riviera. I have cruised a lot, but never on Oceania. I booked stateroom 7008 because I have read so many good things about it!

Can't wait to experience Oceania, I hope my mom likes cruising as much as I do!

Shawn

I am taking my mom on her first cruise next summer (2019) of the Holy Land (Divine Exploration) on Riviera. I have cruised a lot, but never on Oceania. I booked stateroom 7008 because I have read so many good things about it!

Can't wait to experience Oceania, I hope my mom likes cruising as much as I do!

Shawn

you done good............ you can fit 2 chairs a table and 2 loungers on the deck I put the chairs facing aft against the forward divider/ with the table between