Found man's wedding band on Allure of the Seas cabin 9329

Forgive my skepticism here, but an OP who never posted here before posts about finding a ring, and an alleged owner whose first post here is about said ring ... what are the odds?
Wow I thought it might take 4 or 5 posts before that came out!

Ever stopped to think that some people don't post their every thought, but the lost and found ring was the thing important enough to break their silence?

Cheers

So now someone has come forward claiming they might be the owner.

How will OP ever know if they never come back having run for the hills?

How will they ever know their "bad decision" might have worked?

How will prosecutors find the OP now to charge them with larceny?

Without PM's how can people share secrets on CC?

We don't know that the OP isn't watching the thread. We only know that they aren't posting to it.

If not leaving it in the cabin or handing it to the room steward (who is likely close by), it would have been the right thing to do. Certainly not trying to find the owner themselves.

There have been several posts like this in the past and the conciseness in all of them is that

YOU DON"T TAKE AN ITEM OFF THE SHIP THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU!!!

No, you let the crew sell it, or in the case of Disney and an Iphone, use it.

Wow I thought it might take 4 or 5 posts before that came out!

Ever stopped to think that some people don't post their every thought, but the lost and found ring was the thing important enough to break their silence?

Cheers

Yeah, I do, but then I realize we’re talking about Cruise Critic here ...

Forgive my skepticism here, but an OP who never posted here before posts about finding a ring, and an alleged owner whose first post here is about said ring ... what are the odds?

I don't understand why this is such a shock. It makes perfect sense. If I was the person searching for the ring I would search social media sites and also look for message boards such as this one that I may never knew existed...or maybe I did but never felt the need to post (I actually do lurk on another cruise message board but have never felt the need to post on). If I see a post pertaining to what I am searching for I sign up so I can communicate. Same goes in reverse for the OP. It's actually common sense really.

To the individual who may be the owner of the ring. Go create a burner email account and post here and see if the OP is still lurking and reaches out to you. Then you can just delete the email account or disregard it so you don't have to worry about everybody having your personal email address and any sort of spam that may result (I actually have one that I keep just for the purpose of using it anytime I have to attach an email to any promotional event or company...then I dont have to deal with the spam).

I don't understand why this is such a shock. It makes perfect sense. If I was the person searching for the ring I would search social media sites and also look for message boards such as this one that I may never knew existed...or maybe I did but never felt the need to post (I actually do lurk on another cruise message board but have never felt the need to post on). If I see a post pertaining to what I am searching for I sign up so I can communicate. Same goes in reverse for the OP. It's actually common sense really.

To the individual who may be the owner of the ring. Go create a burner email account and post here and see if the OP is still lurking and reaches out to you. Then you can just delete the email account or disregard it so you don't have to worry about everybody having your personal email address and any sort of spam that may result (I actually have one that I keep just for the purpose of using it anytime I have to attach an email to any promotional event or company...then I dont have to deal with the spam).

And you really think that’s going to happen.

Well, stranger things have happened.

But odds are ...not likely.

And you really think that’s going to happen.

Well, stranger things have happened.

But odds are ...not likely.

You are just a beaming ray of positivity. Sign me up for your legal team.

I don't know if it's going to happen and I am not going to lose sleep whether it does or not. Just offering a constructive suggestion instead of constant criticism and negativity over the situation. But I also choose to give the OP, and possible owner of the ring, the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not too.

I've read through all the posts on this thread.

I'm now invested to see if we ever get the op back and get a resolution to the matter.

Also, why is everybody so careless in leaving stuff behind and not checking. It was the op checking that found the ring in the first place. people should be more careful of their belongings.

Good for you. Maybe someday the OP will strive to ensure he meets your moral high ground.

In the meantime, there's been a lot of good advice for the OP. Hopefully, they can get the ring back to its owner. I applaud them for the effort and being a good guy.

-germ

So apparently you would have done what the OP did. Take it thinking you are especially more capable of the cruiselines lost and found.

What if it was a restaurant? Would you have taken it there too instead of turning it in there thinking you can just do it better?

What if you lost a ring in a restaurant? Where would be your first call? You would probably be beside yourself that someone would just take the ring home even with honest intentions.

possibly the ring owner has no idea he left the ring on the ship. maybe he thinks he left it at a hotel, on an excursion, lost it at home, etc.

i think the odds of the owner and the ring getting back together, no matter what the op did, are extremely low.

So apparently you would have done what the OP did. Take it thinking you are especially more capable of the cruiselines lost and found.

What if it was a restaurant? Would you have taken it there too instead of turning it in there thinking you can just do it better?

What if you lost a ring in a restaurant? Where would be your first call? You would probably be beside yourself that someone would just take the ring home even with honest intentions.

ITA

I don't understand taking it off the ship at all. I thought I left something in my cabin last year. I contacted Royal's lost and found. As it turns out I found what I was looking for a week or so later. It was in my husband's bag instead of mine. It never crossed my mind to check here to see if the next guest happened to find it. If I lose something I'm going to check the place where I think I lost it.

ITA

I don't understand taking it off the ship at all. I thought I left something in my cabin last year. I contacted Royal's lost and found. As it turns out I found what I was looking for a week or so later. It was in my husband's bag instead of mine. It never crossed my mind to check here to see if the next guest happened to find it. If I lose something I'm going to check the place where I think I lost it.

Exactly.

ITA

Perhaps the people that found it did contact lost and found. They haven't said.

Seiously, though, the amount of pixie dust flying around here, the magical thinking ...for a moment I thought I'd wandered over to the Disney board.

They're called "miracles" for a reason. Much more likely that we're being played.

When my kids were little, I took them to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. My Kids were 4 and 5 at the time, so I packed a bag with extra clothes, bathing suits, etc. for our day in the park. And left it on a park bench. I thought it was gone forever. I left my name and number with lost and found. About a week after we got home, a package arrived from Virginia. It was the bag. And the only thing missing? A bag of Starbursts.

So, yes, I believe in “lost and found”.

Still wondering what law school you went to and what type of law you practice? Never had a lawyer cite news paper articles as case precedence.

Still wondering what law school you went to and what type of law you practice? Never had a lawyer cite news paper articles as case precedence.

Too 1/3 of my class, law review, passed the NY bar my fist time, practicing law since 1984. (G-d I'm getting old).

This is a message board, dear, not the SCOTUS. If I were citing something as stare decisis, I'd be using perfect Bluebook form,