To Other Canadian Cruisers...best tips for booking PG?

Lrorogers

Hello,

My husband and I are in the process of trying to book the PG - July 18, 2018 cruise (10 nights).

We live in Toronto, Canada. Medic5 on TA suggested that I post on this message board and perhaps another Canadian member would have some tips on how to book at the best price/promos (ideally with any perks...eg. OBC or rebates, etc.)....especially given our weaker Canadian dollar.

My DH and I are cruise novices (have taken two other cruises in Europe and Hawaii), so any tips are much appreciated.

We are celebrating our 10th Anniversary and a milestone (50th Birthday) and this will be our first trip to French Polynesia. We are hoping to do this cruise and then stay in an OWB in either Moorea or Bora Bora for 4-5 days. We LOVE to snorkel and so will be actively trying to seek the best opportunities to do this (both on the cruise and on our island stay afterward). We have heard wonderful things about PG and are very excited to be able to do this bucket list trip!

Many thanks for any reflections/suggestions!

:) Lisa

Hello,

My husband and I are in the process of trying to book the PG - July 18, 2018 cruise (10 nights).

We live in Toronto, Canada. Medic5 on TA suggested that I post on this message board and perhaps another Canadian member would have some tips on how to book at the best price/promos (ideally with any perks...eg. OBC or rebates, etc.)....especially given our weaker Canadian dollar.

My DH and I are cruise novices (have taken two other cruises in Europe and Hawaii), so any tips are much appreciated.

We are celebrating our 10th Anniversary and a milestone (50th Birthday) and this will be our first trip to French Polynesia. We are hoping to do this cruise and then stay in an OWB in either Moorea or Bora Bora for 4-5 days. We LOVE to snorkel and so will be actively trying to seek the best opportunities to do this (both on the cruise and on our island stay afterward). We have heard wonderful things about PG and are very excited to be able to do this bucket list trip!

Many thanks for any reflections/suggestions!

:) Lisa

Hi Lisa ... any suggestions as to best places to book should be done by PM or email. I would suggest you post your email and then have others contact you with suggestions. It is a no no on CruiseCritic to post direct contact info for TA's as it can become very heated if people start a TA war ...

As some on here could be a TA your first question to anyone who makes contact is asking if they are a TA. TA's can give valuable information but you should know the vantage point from which the info is given ;)

"Hi Lisa ... any suggestions as to best places to book should be done by PM or email. I would suggest you post your email and then have others contact you with suggestions. It is a no no on CruiseCritic to post direct contact info for TA's as it can become very heated if people start a TA war ...

As some on here could be a TA your first question to anyone who makes contact is asking if they are a TA. TA's can give valuable information but you should know the vantage point from which the info is given ;)"

Thank you Tahitianbigkahuna, good advice!...Is there a PM button (link) on this forum as I have not been able to find it? Cheers, Lisa

Also ask if they are still offering Canadian discounts on certain cruises. They have been doing this routinely, but it doesn't seem to be advertised. A good TA should know. And note that this is only offered on certain dates. You can call PG and ask them about this, even before you get a TA.

I too am from Toronto, and also use a US agent. What counts with a TA is (1) knowledge of the ship, (2) attention to detail, and (3) enough experience with the line that they have a good relationship with the head office.

Thanks and great points; hopefully I will be able to find and connect with such an agent.

Also ask if they are still offering Canadian discounts on certain cruises. They have been doing this routinely, but it doesn't seem to be advertised. A good TA should know. And note that this is only offered on certain dates. You can call PG and ask them about this, even before you get a TA.

Will do, thanks Wendy! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Not sure if you have booked or not. We are Cdns from Ottawa and were looking at the same cruise. The CDN discount is 10% on this specific cruise and if your travel agent is part of the Ensemble group you get a 100.00 OBC per person. as someone else stated a good agent wold have that information at his finger tips . We ended booking B2B cruises in Feb and March 2018

Thank you Hangover for the information, much appreciated! We are just in the process of booking. It is helpful to know about the 10% discount for this specific cruise as that has not been posted on the PG site nor was it offered when I had called PG directly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well you can start by phoning PG Cruises and getting a list of the special rates on specific cruises--discounts are different for different itineraries and dates.

As for TA's, I'm sure somebody has emailed you by now. Since we're not supposed to share information on TA's, I won't. Suffice it to say there are good ones, not necessarily local or even in Canada, who will give you a cash rebate and/or onboard credits on the cruise. So it pays to compare a couple.

@Lrorogers: I know that this is an older thread but as another Canadian just starting to look at the possibility of a PG cruise, I too, would welcome a PM with whatever information you have to share.

Hi John (Croptop), as there is no PM button via this forum, I am happy to send you my information if you provide your email address via this site like the others have done as I cannot post the information directly on this forum.

Cheers,

Lisa

p.s. I had first called PG directly first, but after doing some research, I found an agent who provided a better deal.