Rapunzel's Royal Table on the Magic

EJanss

Maybe old news from the other Magic-drydock thread, but to confirm official new press details from the Sentinel--

Following Tiana's Place on the Wonder, another former Carioca's is under new Disney-host management, to go with its "Tangled" musical:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-disney-magic-tangled-restaurant-20171117-story.html

What it has said is the restaurant will be adorned with glowing wish lanterns and colorful drawings reflecting Rapunzel’s artistic talents as if in the royal ballroom of the king and queen of Corona. Singing and dancing will be led by the maître d’ alongside a band of musicians and the aforementioned characters including Rapunzel herself. The entertainment also includes a parade.

Attila’s cupcakes are sure to be on the menu, and one might expect mime entertainment from Ulf, as described in the movie’s song “I’ve Got a Dream,” although the cruise line has not offered up that level of detail yet.

Maybe old news from the other Magic-drydock thread, but to confirm official new press details from the Sentinel--

Following Tiana's Place on the Wonder, another former Carioca's is under new Disney-host management, to go with its "Tangled" musical:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/the-daily-disney/os-disney-magic-tangled-restaurant-20171117-story.html

oh boy!!!

now i HAVE to go on the magic!!!!! i LOVE rapunzel..

i've been wanting to see tangled on the magic and now this just adds to it!!

i guess i've got a dream to cruise on the magic!! :cool:

Well, the introductory phrasing isn't quite right, but the info about Rapunzel's is essentially what was already posted in two other threads.

Tiana's Place replaced Parrot Cay on the Wonder. It had never been converted to Carioca's. On the Magic, Parrot Cay became Carioca's and is now scheduled to become a Tangled themed venue at the upcoming dry dock. It has not been started yet and currently remains open as Carioca's. Carioca's will close briefly prior to the dry dock so the work can be started there. For those cruises, Cabanas will become the other restaurant in the rotation.

Consider checking out the Cruise Critic story on Magic's new spaces.

Thanks!

~Brittany Chrusciel, Associate Editor, Cruise Critic

Yes' date=' the Magic has the original Cove Cafe design from 1998. The Wonder's was updated and enclosed prior to the start of the Alaskan cruises. The plan is an update of the space on the Magic.[/quote']

Rethink--what is now the Cove Cafe was originally "Common Grounds." Sorry.

Rethink--what is now the Cove Cafe was originally "Common Grounds." Sorry.

If I remember correctly, didn't the Wonder have two levels to the Cove Cafe, the one next to the Quiet Cove pool and then the one above it, which is off the concierge lounge?

If I remember correctly, didn't the Wonder have two levels to the Cove Cafe, the one next to the Quiet Cove pool and then the one above it, which is off the concierge lounge?

The two levels happened prior to the first Alaska cruise when they were trying to make some more enclosed spaces with view. I don't know what happened since they put the concierge lounge up there.

The two levels happened prior to the first Alaska cruise when they were trying to make some more enclosed spaces with view. I don't know what happened since they put the concierge lounge up there.

i wasn't sure either. We last sailed the Wonder in 2015, before the most recent make over. I remember the upstairs space, that is now the concierge lounge, I assume, looked like a meeting room, not set up for anything specific.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...