What is the frequency of formal nights on a 14 day cruise?

SLSD

On June 9th, we are embarking on a SB Baltic cruise---the first leg being 14 days and the second leg 7days. The cruise is presented on the website two (really three) ways---as a 14 day cruise, and a 7 day cruise and also as a 21 days cruise (and as we wanted a longer cruise--we are opting for 21 days).

My question is this: One the first 14 day leg of the cruise, will we have two formal nights? I am assuming that there will be one formal night on the 7 day leg of the cruise.

marrgbem--ok, that helps to know that. That is what I supposed the a answer would be. So--I am expecting three formal night for our total 21 day cruise. I am looking forward to that! It is easier for my husband to justify taking his tux if he knows he will wear it three nights. He knows he has the option of taking a dark suit. I don't know which he will choose. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

I know this has probably been asked and answered many time but I would like to clarify:

On formal nights "formal" dress is required in the Restaurant but one can dress "elegantly" casual in the other dining venues i.e. TK Grill

Right ??? Thanks Do not intend to open up dress code discussion but simply clarify policy

Thanks

I know this has probably been asked and answered many time but I would like to clarify:

On formal nights "formal" dress is required in the Restaurant but one can dress "elegantly" casual in the other dining venues i.e. TK Grill

Right ??? Thanks Do not intend to open up dress code discussion but simply clarify policy

Thanks

Formal now means formal optional. A jacket without tie is sufficient in the main restaurant though many will wear a tie.

And frankly, whether you mean to open up a dress code discussion or not any question about dress code will be followed the many replies, all of which have been posted thousands of times before. You might want to do a search for one of the many dress code threads already in existence.

Thanks

The answer to your question is yes. Formal optional only applies to The Restaurant. Elegant Casual applies to all other venues. We dine at TK Grill on all formal nights, in elegant casual attire.

It all depends on what the definition of "is" is. It used be that formal meant tuxedo or dark suit and elegant casual meant jacket with or without tie, Now formal optional means anything from jacket with no tie to however formal one eats to bed and elegant casual means collared shirt and pants. Everything has been downgraded in recent years.