Allianz Vs Nationwide...

cdl324

Hello,

I am considering booking a cruise through Carnival for the end of May. I wanted to purchase trip insurance just in case something were to happen that we needed to cancel. We are both young with no health issues but you never know what could happen or what could come up financially. I have never purchased trip insurance before so I am kind of at a loss. I was looking at the basic plans for Alliaz and Nationwide... would this be good enough to cover us if something were to happen that we needed to cancel? I am only insuring for $1000 as our cruise would cost us right under 1k. Thank you all in advance. :)

Hello,

I am considering booking a cruise through Carnival for the end of May. I wanted to purchase trip insurance just in case something were to happen that we needed to cancel. We are both young with no health issues but you never know what could happen or what could come up financially. I have never purchased trip insurance before so I am kind of at a loss. I was looking at the basic plans for Alliaz and Nationwide... would this be good enough to cover us if something were to happen that we needed to cancel? I am only insuring for $1000 as our cruise would cost us right under 1k. Thank you all in advance. :)

That depends. Why are you buying insurance? What are the losses you are insuring against.

Your thread makes it sound like you are only concerned about losing $1000 against possible cancellation.

The possibility of cancelling against a "covered" reason is very slim. Therefore, if cancellation is your only purpose of insurance, I'd go without insurance.

• 4 weeks later...