Boarding times Queen Victoria 27th MAY (Southampton)

Bav

Boarding times are given to stagger arrivals, which can be difficult when so many stay in hotels in Southampton the night before sailing.

However, Cunard have recently made boarding stricter, with Queens and Princess Grill pax being given first boarding. Then Diamond followed by Platinum WC members. This is totally controlled by card issue after your e-docs have been checked. If there are a lot of high ranking WC members you will certainly not get on before 1.00pm, but there is plenty of seating in the cruise terminal.

If you have a late boarding time, but arrive around 1.30 - 1.45, I am sure you will board quickly, and the experience far better than being with the early crowds.

What is the earliest time you can expect to board the ship at the Southampton Terminal ?

The title of this thread quotes 27th May, however according to my information Queen Victoria is leaving from Southampton during May this year 2nd, 5th, and 25th May from Ocean Terminal and 12th May from Mayflower Terminal.

Boarding is, has been mentioned staggered with Grills passengers etc. getting priority to board first. Your allocated boarding slot will be on your e-ticket when available and it is generally best to arrive about the quoted time. It is possible to sit in the terminal and light refreshments, drinks etc are available for purchase. Toilet facilities are also available. Staff will try to work you in as soon as possible but generally lots of people arrive early and cannot all be sorted early, process at Mayflower and Ocean Terminals is slightly different.

Regards John

The title of this thread quotes 27th May, however according to my information Queen Victoria is leaving from Southampton during May this year 2nd, 5th, and 25th May from Ocean Terminal and 12th May from Mayflower Terminal. ...

On another thread, the OP mentioned they were going to the Canaries in March on a 12 day cruise. That would match the 27th March departure on QV from Southampton out of the Mayflower terminal. So my guess is the title of this thread should have referred to "MAR" rather than "MAY".

On another thread, the OP mentioned they were going to the Canaries in March on a 12 day cruise. That would match the 27th March departure on QV from Southampton out of the Mayflower terminal. So my guess is the title of this thread should have referred to "MAR" rather than "MAY".

Well spotted. This makes sense and this seems to be to only cruise ship leaving Southampton scheduled that day so travel to terminal should be reasonable.

Regards John

Thankyou for all your replies.....I didn't know that we were sailing from The Mayflower. Yes the sailing date is March 27th..

Have another 'do' on 27th May ! just muddled up ! as my wife would say ' as usual !!!

According to my Booking Confirmation Voyage No. V812 departs from the Ocean Terminal on the 27th March for the Canaries and disembarks at the Mayflower Terminal.

Or has it now changed?

According to my Booking Confirmation Voyage No. V812 departs from the Ocean Terminal on the 27th March for the Canaries and disembarks at the Mayflower Terminal.

Or has it now changed?

I'm just going by what is currently shown here on the Southampton VTS (ABP Southampton) Cruise Ship Schedule page.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

That schedule shows both your departure on 27th March and your arrival on 8th April at berth 106 (the Mayflower Terminal). I can't say for certain if this information is accurate although it is usually pretty reliable. There is this disclaimer on that web site.

ACCURACY OF INFORMATION

Please be advised that the Cruise Ship Schedule is strictly provisional and is subject to alteration without prior notice (Please refer to our Disclaimer). More precise details can be found under 'Planned Movements' (left) within six days of the indicated arrival date.

Regards, John

Also be reassured that the road signs on approach to Southampton show in illuminated letters the ship's names for each terminal so people may drive to the correct one on the day. If you use a taxi it is always best to tell the driver the name of the ship as opposed to a terminal name. Any last minute change will be automatically sorted out before a problem occurs.

Regards John

• 1 month later...

Just a follow-up to mention that QV's arrival on 27 March is now showing up on the "Planned Movements" page of the Southampton VTS (ABP Southampton) web site.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Planned_Movements/

That page is indicating QV will be at the Mayflower terminal on 27 March.