Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 08

pierces

Our daughter and family have moved there for two to three years including the two grandchildren.

dsc00398_orig.jpg

Our grandson going to school followed by granddaughter.

dsc00525_orig.jpg

Grandson on one side with a girl from class and granddaughter on the left side. In most public schools (and private too) they wear uniforms.

dsc00527_1_orig.jpg

Our daughter and family have moved there for two to three years including the two grandchildren.

Our grandson going to school followed by granddaughter.

Grandson on one side with a girl from class and granddaughter on the left side. In most public schools (and private too) they wear uniforms.

dsc00527_1_orig.jpg

Some seriously long faces. :) Great photo.

We have been doing home improvement projects in our house since we moved in 40 years ago. From the big ones that increased the floor plan by 1000 ft² to the simple ones like the occasional new light fixture, almost no aspect of the house is original to when it was purchased. Almost. Our home-automation project has been expanding since Alexa and her sisters moved in a couple of years ago and while replacing a seldom-used light switch with a linked unit, I realized that the switch had never been changed. As near as I can tell, it’s original to the house and therefore installed in 1952. I wonder if the new ones will last long enough to retire at 65 like this one.

Off Duty

p2760094932-5.jpg

Dave

I know the feeling Dave - I just had to go look for a replacement knob for a light dimmer switch - which I had never really thought about since it always worked - but looking for the part I realized it was original to my house from 1976 (not quite as old as yours - but little is around here in FL). Found one on Amazon arriving today - Levitron rotary dimmer knob. This weekend I just screwed together a bunch of outdoor wood Amish furniture to replace my beat-up patio furniture after the last hurricane in September.

Also got out to the wetlands again, as usual, on Saturday - here are a few of the shots:

More of the colorful painted buntings visiting:

original.jpg

Blue-winged teal showing off his patterns and colors too:

original.jpg

Great egret hitting some turbulence on landing - disturbing his wing feathers:

original.jpg

Not wanting to be outdone in the colorful bird battle, the roseate spoonbill comes armed with loads of hot pink feathers against a lovely blue sky:

original.jpg

Playing around with some strong backlighting, and some cool ripples on the water, as this double-crested cormorant flew by low and close:

original.jpg