Stay and park or park at port

Mommaof4kiddos

We are going on our first cruise. We were wondering if we should stay at local hotel with shuttle services to and from the port or park at the port.ee are sailing out of Mobile Alabama I have heard it's a long wait to get into the parking area. I have a autistic kid who doesn't like to sit long in traffic. And if we shuttle from hotel do they go a different way to drop you off so they don't have to sit in traffic or do they all go the same way. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Have done it both ways and I definitely prefer the shuttle. They get you in and out without all the mess. All you have to do is sit back with your family, relax and be thankful you are not in all that traffic. LOL If I may, I also suggest the Microtel in Saraland. They have a park and cruise special. I think when we went this past October it was $129, included shuttle and breakfast. Very friendly staff and shuttle drivers. Hope this has helped. Have fun!

I agree to stay at Microtel in Saraland, was there 3 weeks ago and everything was very smooth and staff are wonderful, you can read my review on Trip Advisor. There was a huge line waiting to get into port parking as we drove by to get on ship.

They schedule their shuttle to the port to arrive according to your scheduled times and when you get off the ship you call them and they will come and get you, I had to wait probably 20 minutes but I was the first off the ship and had to wait for others to get off after me. Get their package and shuttle is free and they really do all to make your experience wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...