Drink Card - Liberty of the Seas - this is a new twist

It is Night #4 of a seven night cruise. Two port days and one sea day remain.

Instead of just a notice in the Cruise Compass (it's in the CC too), or signs in the bars, when I got back from dinner, this was on my bed:

Drink_Card_Liberty_2-28-18.jpg

Hard to read, I know. Bad contrast.

Save on your favorite drinks during this sailing with our special 10 Drinks Saving Card that can be shared.

10 drinks for $79

VISIT ANY BAR

ONBOARD TO

PURCHASE YOUR

DRINK CARD TODAY

Free Floater with your first drink

SAY CHEERS AND SAVE

I am not telling you that drink cards are new.

I am telling you that I have never seen them advertised through a card placed on the bed in the cabin.

:)

Never seen it but $7.90 per drink isn't what I call a bargain.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I see (according to your signature) that you haven't been on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 24 years.

If you have one on the books now, welcome back.

I also see that you cruise NCL a lot. Their beverage package is $89 a day plus 20% gratuity. :o

I see (according to your signature) that you haven't been on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 24 years.

If you have one on the books now, welcome back.

I also see that you cruise NCL a lot. Their beverage package is $89 a day plus 20% gratuity. :o

Agree that the price seems exorbitant, but I wonder what the median actual cost to cruisers is. In my experience and those of friends, the NCL package is often covered (except gratuity) as one of several packages cruisers can get "for free" or is otherwise discounted in some way. It seems more of a marketing ploy so that when the price is reduced or the package covered, it makes it look like even more of a deal.

It does, however, include beverage priced at a higher value than the RCI package, but it does not include some of the non-alcoholic perks the RCI package does.

Agree that is makes a difference what you drink. Getting 10 beers for $79 isn't a bargain at all! But, since you are purchasing a set number of drinks, you can share, if you want.

Some ships are now offering a beer card.

This is good to know, will be on Liberty in a few weeks. We're not big drinkers, maybe 2 a day so this would be good for us at the halfway point of the cruise. Not a deal for us to get the alcohol pkg. We would definitely use them for pina coladas, mudslides, etc. I can get a beer at home anytime but they make good fruity drinks.

Now we’re talking. Any info on what the prices are/were?

mac_tlc

No, sorry, I didn't keep a link. I've only seen it reported a couple of times, and it was significantly less expensive than the regular drink card.

I don't drink enough drinks in a day to make those packages valuable to me. Not knocking those that do, but I travel with our daughter and have to limit intake. Some of those specials and packages are limited to "bottom shelf" brands, aren't they?

I don't drink enough drinks in a day to make those packages valuable to me. Not knocking those that do, but I travel with our daughter and have to limit intake. Some of those specials and packages are limited to "bottom shelf" brands, aren't they?

If the brand of liquor that you call for pushes the price of the drink above $12/13, you'll pay the difference plus 18% gratuities.

This is probably just a strategic plan to go after the people that drink less than 3 drinks a day and try to entice them to spend $79.00 on drinks toward the end of their cruise. Most people that drink more than that will already have the package.

We probably won't be seeing drink cards available for the entire cruise.