Three day plan

stasys

Hi all. My wife and I are visiting Bermuda for the first time on the NCL Escape in June, arriving on a Wednesday morning, departing Friday 3pm. Would like some experienced input on this plan. Too much in one day? Missing anything critical?

Day 1:

Ferry over to St George

Explore city

Snorkel at Tobbaco Bay

Bus/taxi to Aquarium

Bus/taxi to Crystal Caves and Fantasy Caves

Bus/taxi to Hamilton

Explore city

Harbor Nights, or sunset cruise

Ferry back to cruise ship

Day 2:

Jolly Roger fishing charter

Lunch at Frog and Onion

Bus/taxi to Horseshoe Beach

Snorkel

Bus/taxi back to cruise ship

Day 3:

Hidden Gem tour (booked via cruise ship)

Day 1 is aggressive but doable if you stick to cabs and don’t bother with busses- they’ll slow you down too much. St George will take about 37 minutes to explore if you are thorough. You might as well go to Swizzle Inn if you are at the caves since it’s right there. Hamilton is nice but not a ton to do or see- Harbour Nights are fun. Art Mel’s Spicy Dicey is worth it for the fish sandwich. Drinks at the Princess are a good time.

Day 2- skip lunch at the Frog and Onion- it’s like a marginal airport bar that somehow made its way onto the island- much more interesting places to go. If you’re going to Horseshoe the Fairmont Southampton has some interesting options for lunch or snacks before or after and is super close.

Day 3 works- nice to have an option that you know you’ll make the boat since you booked it through them.

Hi all. My wife and I are visiting Bermuda for the first time on the NCL Escape in June, arriving on a Wednesday morning, departing Friday 3pm. Would like some experienced input on this plan. Too much in one day? Missing anything critical?

Day 1:

Ferry over to St George

Explore city

Snorkel at Tobbaco Bay

Bus/taxi to Aquarium

Bus/taxi to Crystal Caves and Fantasy Caves

Bus/taxi to Hamilton

Explore city

Harbor Nights, or sunset cruise

Ferry back to cruise ship

Day 2:

Jolly Roger fishing charter

Lunch at Frog and Onion

Bus/taxi to Horseshoe Beach

Snorkel

Bus/taxi back to cruise ship

Day 3:

Hidden Gem tour (booked via cruise ship)

As the PP wrote, your day 1 is aggressive, and traveling by taxi is a must. St George's is not a city but a town.

The first ferry to SG departs at 9AM and arrives in SG at about 9:45AM (from 2017 schedule). How long do you plan to snorkel?

Since you'll be traveling from SG, the caves come first and should be done first and BAMZ second.

I've had no problem with the food at the F&O. TripAdvisor gives it 77% approval rating of a combined Very Good and Excellent. Anyway the choice of restaurants is limited at the Dockyard, and if you are at the Dockyard, you might as well lunch on the cruise ship.

On day 2, you can use the mini-bus to go to and return from the HSB.

SBtS

Some things to consider that I should have included in my first post:

• BAMZ's last admission is at 4PM and closes at 5PM.
  • the caves' last tour starts at 4:30PM; the caves are not linked, when you finish and exit from one and then go to the other.
  • You did not mention lunch on day 1; make time available for it.
  • If you don't make the first ferry to SG, you will have to shorted your day 1 to do list.

SBtS

We will be there in June and our planned itinerary is very similar to yours.

Day 1: buy a 2 day bus/ferry pass ... $31.50 each; take Orange Ferry from dock to St George’s, tour/walk St George’s (about 1.5 hours). Stop at the unfinished church, then tobacco bay beach (take snorkel gear with us) and rent beach chairs $35 for two. After a few hours, walk to St Catherine’s Fort and tour (opens at 10am, $7.00 each, walk back to Tobacco Bay beach.). Head back to ship for dinner via Orange Ferry. After early dinner catch Blue Ferry to Hamilton and check out Harbor Nights (around 7:30). Need lunch/snack/drink suggestions (thought about Tobacco Bay Beach Restaurant).

Day 2 ... take Blue Ferry to Hamilton, and catch Bus #3 to caves for exploration ($30.00 each ... 9:00-5:00); after take Bus #10 over to BAMZ ($10.00 each ... hours 9:00-4:00). Around noon, head to Horseshoe Bay via Bus #10 to Hamilton, transfer to Bus #7 ($40.00 for chairs/umbrella) for afternoon. Around 5:00 head back to Nelson Dockyard via Bus #7; walk around dockyard — my understanding everything closes down by 7:00. Back on ship for dinner. Need lunch/snack/drink suggestion.

Day 2 ... Hidden Gem tour (through cruise ship)

Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I highly recommend the National Museum of Bermuda in the dockyard. It is housed in Bermuda's largest fort. There is a neat grotto and passageways. There are also awesome views from the commisioner's house. Additionally included, you can check out the dolphins at Dolphin Quest.

I also recommend Hidden Gems on your last day. We did this and it definitely maximized our fun and our time without having to think about making our way back to the ship.

While I didn't eat at The Frog and Onion, I went in to peek and wasn't impressed.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Interested in Frog and Onion as it has the Dockyard brewery, and we always try to go to a local brewery wherever we travel.

We did book Hidden Gems for the third day, so that is locked in.

Now rethinking snorkeling a bit. Not sure if we should try to do that from beaches, or take a boat tour to snorkel.

Interested in Frog and Onion as it has the Dockyard brewery, and we always try to go to a local brewery wherever we travel.

Now rethinking snorkeling a bit. Not sure if we should try to do that from beaches, or take a boat tour to snorkel.

Snorkeling is up to you. Keep in mind you will have that included from a beach on the Hidden Gems tour (in Cooper's Island Nature Reserve). You will see plenty of fish if you stay near the rocks and coral as opposed to just sand.

My bro and SIL did the Restless Native Catamaran and snorkel and had an awesome time. Their pics made me wish we had even more time to have done this too.

Snorkeling is up to you. Keep in mind you will have that included from a beach on the Hidden Gems tour (in Cooper's Island Nature Reserve). You will see plenty of fish if you stay near the rocks and coral as opposed to just sand.

My bro and SIL did the Restless Native Catamaran and snorkel and had an awesome time. Their pics made me wish we had even more time to have done this too.

Thanks. We were debating the Restless Native, since it looked fun and easy to get in and out of the boat, or one that visits a shipwreck site.

The Frog and Onion is a tourist trap- hard stop. About anywhere else is going to be more rewarding and authentic.

Great option for snorkeling is to rent a Boston Whaler and pilot yourself for a few hours. HMS Vixen is easily accessible for some interesting time in the water. Rentals are near the Dockyard.