Queen Victoria - Delays and dirty

traveller_man

Just in Fort Lauderdale boarded late 4pm as requested due to illness and cleaning on board. Had to get the steward to clean the dirty fridge. Balcony is covered in paint splatter and dust. No luggage delivered at 5.55pm so cannot make early seating at 6pm. What a disgrace.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello to a NEW and rather cross poster!

We have family who joined yesterday and were advised of late boarding due to a deep clean. Just remember NV is usually started by pax not being totally hygenic; many avoid hand gels and regular hand washing. So, would you rather have boarded before this was done in an effort to improve the situation? The cases would not have been loaded whilst this was in progress.

I cannot comment on your fridge, but why worry about paint spattering; it shows the metalwork is being maintained.

Try and enjoy the good things that you see; it helps make everything seem better in an imperfect world.

Every cruise line has extra deep cleaning if there has been illness, and I am certainly glad that they do.

Try to enjoy the remainder of your time.

Agreed. I'd prefer they take an extra couple of hours to be thorough with cleaning than risk a dose of norovirus. That'll ruin your trip way faster than a little wait time to board.

Every cruise line has extra deep cleaning if there has been illness, and I am certainly glad that they do.

Try to enjoy the remainder of your time.

We had that issue on the QV in 2012. I appreciated Cunard's diligence(or any line!)My spouse had a transplant in 2009, so we do get concerned over issues such as this. On our Jan.(2018)on the Oceania Riviera, the staff in ALL the dining venues serve you the food. You are NOT allowed to touch anything! Being in the food industry, it was a very sensible thing to see.

I agree, don't let lack of luggage delivery force you out of Britannia on embarkation day (unless all you have is shorts & T-shirts).

Proof that dressing better than the average bear at all times ie. blazer, slacks and dress loafers for the gentleman and a nice dress or ladies suit for the lady for boarding allows for dinner in the dining room even if luggage arrives after midnight.

It’s very nice of them to be lenient on the first night. I didn’t know that. They were also lenient with my black dress (not very fancy) on formal night because I have a 2 year old and 6 year old and all of my clothing will get stained at some point.

Proof that dressing better than the average bear at all times ie. blazer, slacks and dress loafers for the gentleman and a nice dress or ladies suit for the lady for boarding allows for dinner in the dining room even if luggage arrives after midnight.

Depends on what sort of a journey you have had surely.

David

If they have messed up and not delivered in time I can't see they have any right to object no matter how you are dressed.

And if they were so silly as to do so I would ask them to go find my bag so I could change.

Though our luggage has never been "late" we always board with a sport coat & nice slacks just in case there's a screw-up. I would tend to think those who get last minute upgrades are the most likely ones to have late arriving luggage.