Trivia Themes

atj1971

Looking forward to our 7 day cruise out of Jacksonville in May!! I was wondering if those of you who play the trivia games, could tell me what kind of trivia they offer. What are some of your favorite categories you have participated in? i.e. 80's music etc etc

We aren't worried about actually winning, we just want to play and have fun with it. Thank you in advance for your answers. :cool:

If you search for Fun Times on this forum, you can get an idea of some trivia that has been around! They tend to have all types; general knowledge, sports, movies, music, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, etc.

Trivia is one of my favorite things to do! One time on a Carnival ship, they had a Disney category in a "Name that tune" type trivia, and you got bonus points if you came up and sang it when we went over the answers. Won myself a golden ship on a stick for that! They tend to make it really fun, and different people host them, so I hope you get to try a few out that you enjoy!

It is interesting as to how the different lines handle trivia. On the Pride there were all kinds of trivia. The questions were difficult, even for categories that we thought we new fairly well. Getting 2 or 3 right out of 20 stopped being fun and we stopped going. On NCL the trivia was very easy. There were regularly people who got 20 of 20. On one music trivia they even played the song title. On NCL there was a lot of audience joking and was less competitive. They then did a tie breaker for people who got all the questions correct.

I was really bummed no more Beatles trivia.

On the Dream in December there was a Beatles trivia on a port day (which I missed due to an excursion). Overall I was disappointed because there were no more than 2-3 games per day, even in sea days, where on past sailings I remember 4-6 games per day. I wonder if that is dependent on the CD, because we had one that was below par.

To the OP, I remember ‘79s music, world capitals, I Love Lucy, Harry Potter, TV theme songs, cartoons as some of the past categories.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each CD & Entertainment director are different .Some schedule lots of trivia, some not so much. On Miracle in Feb we had sports,super heroes, country music, Beatles, Slogans, Game of Thrones ,general knowledge, the body human as well as game of trivial pursuit played in teams. They had "Host's choice" I voted for Carnival trivia but was out voted and we had Human body trivia instead.

Looking forward to our 7 day cruise out of Jacksonville in May!! I was wondering if those of you who play the trivia games, could tell me what kind of trivia they offer. What are some of your favorite categories you have participated in? i.e. 80's music etc etc

We aren't worried about actually winning, we just want to play and have fun with it. Thank you in advance for your answers. :cool:

Best bet is search for the fun times for that ship. If it's recent, it'll probably be the same.

5 day Elationin Dec.: 90's music trivia; Golden Girls; Country Tune: 'Friends'; Harry Potter; Sports. That was just one day.

50's & 60's Music trivia; Television; Animals; Rock Tune; Mind Game;

Urban Myths;

80's Music trivia; Science; Food & drinks; General knowledge; One Hit Wonder; The Simpsons; Superheroes; (Half Moon Cay day, some took place on the island). EM

Trivia is one of my favorite things to do! One time on a Carnival ship, they had a Disney category in a "Name that tune" type trivia, and you got bonus points if you came up and sang it when we went over the answers. Won myself a golden ship on a stick for that! They tend to make it really fun, and different people host them, so I hope you get to try a few out that you enjoy!

We've done that too and it was between me and a 12 yr old. The hostess was offering a bottle of champagne and ship on a stick to the winner. I gave the ship on the stick to the 12 yr old and kept the champagne. :-D

Friends trivia, one hit wonders, Dr Seuss... I was really bummed no more Beatles trivia.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile

app

Marky Mark on the Freedom hosted Beatles Trivia on the last week of his 6 Month Contract, Feb 24th - March 3rd 2018. I was on his Elation last Feb. 2017 and he hosted Beatles Trivia.

From my understanding, he had to get the a-ok from his bosses. :rolleyes:. Guessing certain ships (maybe all??) have an approved list of Trivia Topics.

:confused: Bobbi

I’m praying for Friends trivia on my upcoming cruise. I know for a fact that I would finally win a ship on a stick

It’s in like every ship I’m on. I don’t know why I can’t get some Seinfeld trivia. :mad:

I’m praying for Friends trivia on my upcoming cruise. I know for a fact that I would finally win a ship on a stick

Might be surprised. We found that the trivia was obscure. Lot's of people with expertise in the categories.

I noted that they have a Harry Potter trivia on Sunshine.

So I started reading the books.

I am now on Book Six. I never thought they would be such excellent books.

They start out as more of a really good children's book. Then as Harry grows and matures, so do the books.

I have enjoyed reading everyone of them...................thanks to seeing that Trivia noted on the 8 day Dailies.

On the Carnival Fascination, there were both general trivia and theme trivia.

One of the assistant cruise directors even asked a question "How old am I?". (I was actually tied for the closest to his age being one year off.)

I noted that they have a Harry Potter trivia on Sunshine.

So I started reading the books.

I am now on Book Six. I never thought they would be such excellent books.

They start out as more of a really good children's book. Then as Harry grows and matures, so do the books.

I have enjoyed reading everyone of them...................thanks to seeing that Trivia noted on the 8 day Dailies.

Harry Potter trivia has been the most popular trivia contest on my cruises, drawing SRO crowds, and is highly competitive. I’ve seen 4 people/groups tied with 20 out of 20, then go to a fourth tie breaker to determine a winner.