Champagne on Embarkation Day?

wcsdkqh

It's not the most wonderful champagne in the world - if you find it a bit thin, it improves a lot with the addition of a shot of peach schnapps for an imitation Bellini, or Cassis for a Kir Royale. Both normally available in the bars.

Is it the only sparkling wine offered as an included wine?

If you order the caviar, do you get glasses or a bottle? Can you get a bottle of any included wine with room service?

Thank you in advance.

You can order it by the glass in a room service order for free or you can order a whole bottle of a number of other champagnes for an extra charge. Ordering caviar setup through room service is easy and quick. We usually just save the embarkation champagne for that at some point during the cruise.

If you want to order caviar on deck it can sometimes take some additional planning. We’ve ordered it a few times and it shows up right away, no questions asked. We’ve also ordered it at the sky bar and they told us that it had to be requested in advance (this was during the 5-6pm rush).

Is it the only sparkling wine offered as an included wine?

If you order the caviar, do you get glasses or a bottle? Can you get a bottle of any included wine with room service?

Thank you in advance.

It’s the only house champagne offered which is unfortunate, as it’s not the greatest I’ve ever tasted. I do think that Seabourn should offer an alternative. On a recent Silversea cruise we had a choice of Pommery or Heidseck. Yes, all house wines are available via room service.

There must be many guests that like the house Champagne because Seabourn get through an awful lot of bottles on each cruise.

I always figured that if they run out they'll have to replace it with something else, so I do my best (for the good of all travellers of course) to empty the stores as best I can. I have yet to succeed but .. getting there is half the fun.

I always figured that if they run out they'll have to replace it with something else, so I do my best (for the good of all travellers of course) to empty the stores as best I can. I have yet to succeed but .. getting there is half the fun.

Had happened to us. Then Moët was standard pour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The prosecco sounds like a good addition.

When we use room service we probably would want at least 2 glasses of wine each that is why I was wondering about getting a bottle of included wine (sometimes we like red) with the room service. The full bottle would be consumed :). Anyone get a bottle with they room service?

The prosecco sounds like a good addition.

When we use room service we probably would want at least 2 glasses of wine each that is why I was wondering about getting a bottle of included wine (sometimes we like red) with the room service. The full bottle would be consumed :). Anyone get a bottle with they room service?

If you order two glasses of the house wines it’s free- if you order a bottle you have to pay for it. Way around this might be putting in for a bottle before your cruise as one of your requested in room bar setups.

You can't officially order a bottle of house wine for free but generally, if you order two glasses of wine per person of the same type who is dining in-room then a full bottle is almost always brought. I almost exclusively drink wine so I typically request wine as one of my in-room bar set ups and the bottle was always replaced when consumed.

I did not try ordering the bottle of prosecco from room service so YMMV in that situation. They also will sometimes serve prosecco instead of the NF champagne at some of the deck events.

We are on the Odyssey at present in St. Lucia, we have ordered Red and White wine by the bottle and Champagne by the bottle, its been there within 5 minutes, never been offered glasses.

On our last sailing we had, at one point, a half dozen bottles of wine in our suite (either unopened or partially consumed) plus about a dozen bottles of specially acquired Belgian beers that Martin replenished daily.

You will not go thirsty on a Seabourn cruise.

If you order two glasses of the house wines it’s free- if you order a bottle you have to pay for it. Way around this might be putting in for a bottle before your cruise as one of your requested in room bar setups.

Never had this problem. Any wine freely available on the ship has been gladly delivered by the bottle and there's never been any hint of a charge. Only champagne comes by the glass and someone had the reasonable suggestion that's because people tended to leave the bottles open to go flat.

• 1 month later...