Need planning help

cheermomof2girls

We are going to Key West, Freeport and Nassau in August. I usually like to stay on the boat, or get back on the boat pretty early on at least one port day. I was thinking Freeport since it's in the middle.

Key West I wasn't going to plan anything, just walk/shop/eat.

Any suggestions for Nassau for a family of 4 with two kids 7 and 12? Or Freeport?

I originally wanted to do Atlantis but after reading reviews, it seems like a LOT of money for not much actual time there.

Blue Lagoon in Nasssu, water trampolines, beach, buffet, animals, etc

Day pass at Lighthouse Pointe Suites in Freeport, stayed on a land vacation, it was great

Or snorkel treasure reef (not dead mans)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My answers below:

We are going to Key West, Freeport and Nassau in August. I usually like to stay on the boat, or get back on the boat pretty early on at least one port day. I was thinking Freeport since it's in the middle.

I like this idea, and whichever port was the middle one would be my pick (assuming you have been to all three). It's easy for me to do too much on a trip and forget to just have time to rest and relax, so building some extra in is good.

Key West I wasn't going to plan anything, just walk/shop/eat.

I'm not very familiar with this port, but thought it had Hemingway house with cats? Also maybe good conch? Both things that can be incorporated to walk/shop/eat.

Any suggestions for Nassau for a family of 4 with two kids 7 and 12? Or Freeport?

There are several threads for Nassau (should be within the first page or two). Zoo and Pirate museum might be good options.

We just did a Carnival cruise that included Freeport and their Kayak excursion. It was fabulous, but I don't remember age requirements and you would probably want a parent with each child, not the two together (some tight areas). We spent time on Gold Rock beach at the end which was amazing. Our next cruise though we will just spend some time looking at the shops in the port area since we won't have a lot of time. Unlike most people we actually liked Freeport and seeing a less "touristy" island and something more like home.

I originally wanted to do Atlantis but after reading reviews, it seems like a LOT of money for not much actual time there.

Have a great trip whatever you decide.