QM2 cabin selection

steilkurve

Looking at two PG cabins 10055 and 10057 (only left on that sailing) that are right by the elevators/stair. Based on folks’ experience, are these noisy? Can you hear the elevators going up and down from the cabins? What about just noise from the traffic. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have not had either of those staterooms, but we had the equivalent further aft (10099) beside the entrance to the "C" lifts. There was no problem at all. Occasionally we heard the "ding" from the lifts but this is very quiet and it certainly didn't keep us awake.

We have also had staterooms in similar locations on the "non-Grills" decks and found them to be quiet.

While we've not had that cabin, we've stayed near the elevator banks a couple of times. No noise.

As a matter of fact, we've never been disturbed by noise - not from the hallways nor from adjoining rooms. Of course part of this is due to the fact that it's not a boisterous ship, but also because it seems to have superb soundproofing in the cabins.

Ok. Thanks again. So, which cabins would folks pick (I need 2!) our of the following:

10057 & 10055

Or

10084 & 10082

Both will be great. The convenience of being so close to the D stairwell and access to the grill area would be convenient for the 10084-82 pair. (A long walk to the Commodore Club, though)

- Mark

Ok. Thanks again. So, which cabins would folks pick (I need 2!) our of the following:

10057 & 10055

Or

10084 & 10082

Thanks.

Which itinerary are you looking at? If this is an eastbound crossing, my preference would be 10057 & 10055 on the starboard side. If this is a westbound crossing, my preference would be 10084 & 10082 on the port side. This is to increase the possibility for sun on your balcony. Now if you would rather have shade on your balcony on sunny days, then those preferences would be reversed. And if you are doing a round-trip crossing, then it's six of one half a dozen of the other.

We have also had a cabin near the elevators (Britannia balcony cabin 11129 on deck 11) and found there to be no issues with noise.

Regards, John

Which itinerary are you looking at?

This is actually for a westbound crossing. We hadn’t thought of sunshine to be honest. Peace and quiet was the main criteria. Because the elevators don’t seem to be an issue for noise, we may go for 57 and 55 then. A bit more midship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums